Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Zephobby
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twenty five years ago my son and I cycled from Port Jervis to Cape May. He recently reminded me about our journey and suggested we do it again. (He was 15 and I was 38) I still ride 200 to 300 miles per week so I don't think the distance will be a problem. What will be a problem is finding a safe bicycle route. A lot has changed in 25 years and there are many roads I don't cycle on too often. Does anyone have or know where I can get a decent bicycle route from Port Jervis to Cape May? It would be greatly appreciated. We expect do do the ride around the end of September 2008.

· Registered
68 Posts
Speaking for South Jersey, where I live, I'd recommend avoiding some of those roads during the summer/weekends. 563 is winding and fast with people using it for shortcuts to the shore. 50 and 47 are major routes to the shore and are avoided by us from mid-June through August.

· Registered
68 Posts
In a dream world, wouldn't it be great if they put a bike path along the Garden State Parkway? Plenty of space, they could keep it separate from the traffic with some bridge modifications. It will never happen, but one could hope...

· Registered
49 Posts
patsdiner said:
In a dream world, wouldn't it be great if they put a bike path along the Garden State Parkway? Plenty of space, they could keep it separate from the traffic with some bridge modifications. It will never happen, but one could hope...

Yeah it would be great! They could charge us tolls and everything.:D

· Zephobby
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the heads-up regarding the roads in southern Jersey. But looking at the map it looks like there just isn't a way of avoiding routes 563, 50 and 47. We'll just have to be very careful when on them.

Please, . . .don't give Corzine any idea's about tolls on bike routs!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.