Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SF
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So answer me this...

I'm an east-coaster with some friends out in Portland who tell me that there is a whole semi-subculture genre of music that is directly associated with / influenced by the huge cross scene out there. Can any of you Pacific NW-ers shed any light on this? Are there...uh...cx bands? Or is it just that cx-ers out there gravitate towards certain music (and if so, what is that music)? I'm really interested in the entire phenomenon of cx culture, so if any of you crossers in the know could hit me up with any info, band names, bike shops, bars, local breweries, downlads, videos, blogs, etc., I would really appreciate it.

THX

·
Registered
280 Posts
xccx said:
So answer me this...

I'm an east-coaster with some friends out in Portland who tell me that there is a whole semi-subculture genre of music that is directly associated with / influenced by the huge cross scene out there. Can any of you Pacific NW-ers shed any light on this? Are there...uh...cx bands? Or is it just that cx-ers out there gravitate towards certain music (and if so, what is that music)? I'm really interested in the entire phenomenon of cx culture, so if any of you crossers in the know could hit me up with any info, band names, bike shops, bars, local breweries, downlads, videos, blogs, etc., I would really appreciate it.

THX
that's news to me... I've never once associated music with 'cross. There are a lot of pot smokers around here. I wonder in any CX racers smoke pot?

·
Cross Bike Collector.....
1,144 Posts
Cross Crusade

The "CrossCrusade" is the single largest participitory cross series in the entire world. If your a fan of cross and you have friends here in Portland, better bunk up and come out this fall for the fun. As far as the music, I love the drummer bands the best. There is a culture to cross, about the polar opposite of Road Racing. People are so supportive, it's competitive, but at the same time racers will slap you on the back and givin you props as there laping you. Beers and food, it's all there. It's like a big bike party, people wear some wild stuff, everybody lets there hair down. It's like a damn festival every weekend for 6 to 8 weeks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.