Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Kilt wearing, old man
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While in Portland on June 25th, I utilized my Surly LHT for a shopping and sightseeing excursion. Started from the University of Portland, and rode first to Cycle Path (bike shop), picking up some Soma tire levers.

From there, continued on to Voodoo Doughnuts, where I had to stand in line for almost 20 minutes to buy one of their famed Bacon Maple Bars. And yes, they taste as good as they look.

After the doughnut shop, journeyed to the downtown REI, to stock up on mini Cliff bars for my upcoming camping trip. From REI, rode along the Waterfront Park trail past the Battleship Oregon Memorial, and the Oregon Maritime Museum, across the Hawthorne bridge to Clever Cycles.

·
Kilt wearing, old man
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
While there, bought a Pletscher double legged kickstand, and an Axa Defender frame lock for the LHT. Then it was across the street for lunch at the Lucky Labrador Brew Pub.

After lunch, checked out some of the Larry Vs. Harry bikes at Splendid Cycles, which just happened to be closed at the time I dropped by. Then it was back to north Portland via the Eastbank Esplanade, and up Interstate Avenue.

·
Kilt wearing, old man
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Along the route, at Overlook Park, there just happened to be a brewers’ festival, offering bicycle parking. Here I stopped for a little liquid refreshment (got an extra taste token thanks to presenting my bike parking receipt) and an ice cream bar, before returning to the U.P. campus for an evening of reunion activities.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
PomPilot said:
.... famed Bacon Maple Bars. And yes, they taste as good as they look.

After the doughnut shop, journeyed to the downtown REI, to stock up on mini Cliff bars for my upcoming camping trip. .....
I think you stocked up on the wrong thing for the camping trip.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Bacon! Yes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.