Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 2007 there was a ride/walk event for the city of El Paso. It was called Cyclovia, which the City of El Paso closed off an area around scenic drive and scenic drive. It happened every sunday during the month of May from 7am to 12pm. It was open to anything not motorized. I am hoping to get some support on this from Mayor Cook and a few District council, who are also avid bicyclists. I would appreciate any feedback or support on my hope. Or anybody intersted to help me get this started would be appreciated as well. Again thank you,

SSG CM
USA, SSG

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I don't think that there is anything to convince them of. There were 2 events in 2008, one on the original Scenic Drive route, and another followed an eastside route for the whole month of October. Call Beto from city council and remind him that you want more. Let your area city rep know as well. Expect something to happen in the summer, probably in June.
Check for updates on...

http://elpasobicycleclub.com/

Simply click on the Ride List Tab on the left part of your screen in the website. This will update you on any Ciclovia Rides right when they are made public. Feel free to join us any time on any of the rides listed. Ride speeds and descriptions on every club ride will let you know which one is right for you for everything from beginners to high mileage junkies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.