Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's try again. Keep it clean!

My first road bike purchased earlier this summer, a Dawes Lightning 1200:

Added Syntace C2s, Forte clipless, and a Micro Cateye Wireless. I already have over 500 miles on it including two sprint tri's and a duathlon.

·
Registered
543 Posts
My Windsor Kennett. I have 2600 miles on it in a little over a year. I replaced the Shimano R-550 wheels with Velocity Areohead wheels laced with Sapim-CX-Ray spokes. The wheels rock. Replaced the saddle with a Specialized Alias. I needed a shorter stem so I replaced it with a Syntace 90mm stem at 99 grams. The tires are Michelin ProRace2 tires with just under 800 miles.

·
Administrator
13,070 Posts
geraldatwork said:
My Windsor Kennett. I have 2600 miles on it in a little over a year. I replaced the Shimano R-550 wheels with Velocity Areohead wheels laced with Sapim-CX-Ray spokes. The wheels rock. Replaced the saddle with a Specialized Alias. I needed a shorter stem so I replaced it with a Syntace 90mm stem at 99 grams. The tires are Michelin ProRace2 tires with just under 800 miles.
What hubs?

Looks like your saddle is tipped down a bit, or is that photo?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Coolhand said:
What hubs?

Looks like your saddle is tipped down a bit, or is that photo?
The hubs are Velocity (branded hubs) made by Formula. They spin very smoothly. The whole wheel build was done by Velocity. I am 210 lbs so I needed a stronger build. So they gave me 28 spokes in the front and 32 in the rear. As far as the saddle while it is ever so slightly tilted down (like 1 or 2 degrees) it looks more so because the bike isn't parallel to the building.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I've only had this Moto about a month but I love it!

I'm currently shopping for a road bike to replace my 17 year old Schwinn 105 and will probably get another BD bike. Unfortunately, it seems like 90% of their bikes are either black or silver and I prefer red or white. That Draco is very tempting though....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Keep those pics coming.

I'm not trying to dis anyone but you know that Moto carbon frame in white rocks. And to think I could have one this season for the same amount I paid for my Le Champion in blue last year. And, no, if I did my wife would....well you know.

P.S. I have changed my username but not my signature.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.