Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone,
Just thought that I would post a recent photo of Edward and I in Stockholm earlier this month. Go ahead and post a recent family photo or of you doing something else if you want. It's always nice to see RBR members in photos without a bicycle, it shows that we have other interests besides Moots and Campagnolo :).
Cheers, Wayne

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice photo MB. Very inconspicuous with the hat, back turned, hands behind your back. We have no idea if you have short or long hair, curly hair, an ear ring, if you're wearing cowboy boots or if your fly is down :)

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
My fly was down.

What did you think they were protesting about?

·
Cat 6
4,695 Posts
:) your kid looks like he's loving dad...that's awesome.

i'm usually behind the camera but here's one from camping late last year...i just brokenenened my clavicle so my camera time is going to pot. and i missed the tour of georgia because of it.....arg! stupid bicycles!

·
Goodbye, Pork Pie Hat
4,614 Posts
Hey, a Durham Bulls fan! Awesome.

The only time I see them anymore is when they come up to Indy to play the Indians.

·
Cat 6
4,695 Posts
Antonio_B said:
Hey, a Durham Bulls fan! Awesome.

The only time I see them anymore is when they come up to Indy to play the Indians.
I love going to the bulls...been going for 15 years...great baseball. Were you in Durham for a while?

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
You asked for it.

Don't say I didn't warn you...

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chuckice said:
:) your kid looks like he's loving dad...that's awesome.

i'm usually behind the camera but here's one from camping late last year...i just brokenenened my clavicle so my camera time is going to pot. and i missed the tour of georgia because of it.....arg! stupid bicycles!

Hi Charles!
How are you? How's your shoulder, collarbone, etc.?? You'll be disappointed, but I'm setting my sights on a Nikon F6, or maybe the more reasonably priced F100. Used F100 are selling for 3,500 kronor these days (460 US), considered dirt cheap in Sweden. I love the F6, but feel that for my type of photography, maybe it's just too much. I mostly photography landscapes and portraits. I have an old F90X and the F100 would be a nice step up. This WILL be my last film camera...I just loves slides.
Cheers, Wayne
ps. NIce b&w photo.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is this from your place of work? A chocolate manufacturer, perhaps??.
Cheers, Wayne

·
Cat 6
4,695 Posts
wayneanneli said:
Hi Charles!
How are you? How's your shoulder, collarbone, etc.?? You'll be disappointed, but I'm setting my sights on a Nikon F6, or maybe the more reasonably priced F100. Used F100 are selling for 3,500 kronor these days (460 US), considered dirt cheap in Sweden. I love the F6, but feel that for my type of photography, maybe it's just too much. I mostly photography landscapes and portraits. I have an old F90X and the F100 would be a nice step up. This WILL be my last film camera...I just loves slides.
Cheers, Wayne
ps. NIce b&w photo.
hey wayne...it's getting better thanks for asking. the constant pain is gone...now it's just annoying. sleeping is the worst tho...i just can't get comfortable. missing the tdg with media creds was the lowest blow!

the f6 is a great camera...you certainly can't go wrong with it and the price is right! tough call...i don't miss all the associated efforts & costs with film BUT i do this everyday and that detracts from the process. i'd go as cheap as possible and invest in lenses that you can use if/when you go digital.

i still think you'll enjoy a d70 more tho! :)

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
wayneanneli said:
Is this from your place of work? A chocolate manufacturer, perhaps??.
Cheers, Wayne
that's kitchen stadium running on back up power and he's the soon to be iron chef. The reason for the grinny grin is he's looking forward to the challenge of cooking on back up power to the theme of "what teh J's would really enjoy this morning for breakfast".

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Filter,
Is this in Norway?
Wayne

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey friction,
Any recent fishing photos?
Cheers, Wayne

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, I know...digital, digital, digital. Even Anneli thinks we should get a D70S or something like that. I just can't break away from slides, I don't know why. I guess I like the time needed to do slides, it's a nice, slow process that isn't as fast as digital. Maybe soon, who knows. You still typing with one hand? How's your mobility?

1 - 20 of 152 Posts