Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was yesterday's commute for me. No flooding where I live, but there was some in Rock Creek Park. I took my time and played with the camera settings to try improving my pictures a little bit.

1. This part of Beach Drive was getting repaved when the rains hit.
  2. Oops.
  3. Road closed. I ride on the left just because I can.
  4. Cars = DENIED!

· Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
  1. The mud was deep.
  2. Rock Creek was full.
  3. Me = DENIED! I had to turn back and take a short detour. There was another downed tree near Georgetown, forcing me to walk around on a muddy makeshift path through the brush.
  4. The Potomac was full. (So was the C&O).
  5. A bike photography oops... a non-drive side photo. It's fun getting muddy.

· Premium Member
21,853 Posts
That looks like a whole lot of the Capital Crescent Trail.

nate said:
  1. Me = DENIED! I had to turn back and take a short detour. There was another downed tree near Georgetown, forcing me to walk around on a muddy makeshift path through the brush.

1. There were a good half dozen trees down, all cleaned up today. The Park Service does a really good job on the DC MUTs. :thumbsup:

· Registered
45 Posts
Nice pix Nate

Echo the beauty of no traffic. Rode every day to work this week including down the middle of Rock Creek Parkway south of Tilden. Fantastic having the entire road to oneself. Saw two cars in the creek and a Park Police officer reported that seven had been removed so far.

Monday was very very wet and I dropped into the Park at Woodley Park but was turned back by high water. Not just a flooded creek but indeed the entire valley of the park was awash at that time.

Cleaned the bike last night, now for the basement...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.