Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 1296 Posts

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Here is mine;

2003 KG 461. Love it. D/A and Ultegra mix, (Ultegra brake calipers-I want to replace them w Mavics), FSA pro crankset, Ksryiums, Weyless post, ITM Lees stem, Easton EC-90 bar, Weyless carbon cages. The trires will be replaced as soon as I get it off the trainer and the weather gets better. I have a set of Specializes all-seasons to put on it.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kram59 said:
2003 KG 461. Love it. D/A and Ultegra mix, (Ultegra brake calipers-I want to replace them w Mavics), FSA pro crankset, Ksryiums, Weyless post, ITM Lees stem, Easton EC-90 bar, Weyless carbon cages. The trires will be replaced as soon as I get it off the trainer and the weather gets better. I have a set of Specializes all-seasons to put on it.
What's your stack height from the top of the headtube to the bottom of the stem? I'm just curious...........I have a lot.......

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
5 cm.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
I may have some cut off and flip the stem. (Maybe 2cm-should make the bar about the same height.)

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Here's the one it replaced.

2001 Team Kelme KG 361. Size 57cm. Anyone interested? ;)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Had this since 9/2002
I guess it is time to start thinking of a new one ;-)
I agree with what others have said......
Once you ride Look it is hard to go with anything else.
This geometry just plain works for me.
Climbs like an angel & descends like a demon.
The hands off riding tells you why this slack
angles works well during a long hard ride.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is my first Look bike. It is a 49 cm. KG 461.

Dura-Ace 10 Speed group
Dura-Ace 7800 wheels with Michelin Pro Race tires
ITM Millenium Stem with Ritchey WSC Classic Round Bar
USE-1 Mountain Bike Seat Post
Flite Saddle
Speedplay X-1 pedal
Salsa Titanium Quick release
Taco bottle cage

Overall weight is 16.6 lbs.

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
Here is the first century done on the new rig. It was the enchanted circle century. My time went from 7'11" last year to 5'57" this year. Not bad considering the amount of climbing involved and the fact it dances above 9800'. It goes from Red River New Mexico to Taos, Angel Fire, Eagles Nest, then back to Red River. All are ski resorts here, so you can imagine the climbing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Look KG486

This is my Look KG486 build with:
HSC 4 SL fork,
Shimano Dura Ace 9 speed,
ITM Millenium stem,
Noname seatpost (I think I'll go for the Ritchey WCS carbon seatpost),
Ritchey WCS bars,
Fizik Arione saddle,
Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL2 wheelset,
Vittoria Rubino Pro tires.

·
Custom Title= ?
785 Posts
One More....

Here's one more.... The image has been around awhile, but the only thing that's been changed is the bar. It's now an Italian shallow bend type....

A 585 will be alongside this one before much longer....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been lurking on the LOOK forum for a little bit. So, I thought I'll send a pix of my new KG381i (57cm) adding one more to the Jalabert column. Its built-up with:
HSC4 fork,
Shimano Dura Ace 10,
USE Alien seatpost,
Easton EC70 stem & EC90 Equipe bars,
Fizik Aliante saddle,
Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL wheelset,
Speedplay Zero pedals,
Continental Attack/Force tires,
Tacx Tao cages,

·
Registered
33 Posts
French bike on French soil

Oh the times we've had together... here we are on top of the world... this day it carried me 114 miles and over 14,500 feet of elevation gain... there may be better bikes out there but I've yet to ride one. Bike: 481sl, dura ace, wheels: DA/OP/28DT Rev. 3X.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Oneheart said:
Oh the times we've had together... here we are on top of the world... this day it carried me 114 miles and over 14,500 feet of elevation gain... there may be better bikes out there but I've yet to ride one. Bike: 481sl, dura ace, wheels: DA/OP/28DT Rev. 3X.
Ya Baby!
I've ordered mine and I'm still waitin. Sometime this January. Dura Ace and AM 420's. Can't wait. I will post pics.

That's a geat shot by the way.

WBC

·
Registered
22 Posts
French Bike on French Soil...part 2

From our 2004 TdF Trip. Rode from Grenoble. One great day with great riding, great friends, and one LOOK KG461. Love the bike.

We'll be back in 2005 (with the LOOK)...

·
Hill repeats, meh
145 Posts
KG361 w/Ultegra

She is my #2 bike. Sorry for the bad pic.

1 - 20 of 1296 Posts