Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
21 - 40 of 1296 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
another LOOK

Showing off my baby, (atleast that's what it feels like)
kg461, 59cm, DA 7800 componets, kysrium, garmin gps unit, blah , blah, blah,
I'm already boared with my proud parent syndrome.
Love, love , love my bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Garmin ique 3600 is a PDA useng Palm operating softwear, so it can do basicly any type of function any PDA can do. What is ultra-geek cool is the gps (global positioning system) unit. I can enter anywhere i want to go on this unit and it will give me turn by turn directions, time traveled , average speed, top speed, distance traveled, elevation gain, yada, yada. I also have over 200 mp3's on a 1 gig sd card installed in this unit. I broadcast mp3 tunes and directions through a fm transmitter to anyone with in 90 feet of me. This comes across on my fm earpeice. I also purchased a custom mount to hold this unit on my top tube. Has anyone else ever done this? I've never seen or heard of anyone doing this.

·
glutton for punishment
684 Posts
I think there's probably a very good reason why you've never heard of anybody else doing this...but I'll let you figure it out. :p That said, I'll admit to having most of the same functions on my separate (but slightly more subtle) Polar HRM and iPod combo, so I know where you're coming from. Kind of. I guess it would be cool if you were riding cross country or something - can you check your email? What about fax capability?
The PDA aside, it looks like a sweet ride. Enjoy.

·
Commuter
1,106 Posts
Everytime I see a Look pic post here it always reminds me of the steel Bernard Hinault edition Look bike I over "looked" at a police auction and some other buyer got it for $70. Had nice Campy parts on it too. Just needed air in the tires. The guy who bought it didn't even know what it was. In hide sight, I could've made him a deal in the parking lot afterwards for $100 or something.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
meat tooth paste said:
Everytime I see a Look pic post here it always reminds me of the steel Bernard Hinault edition Look bike I over "looked" at a police auction and some other buyer got it for $70. Had nice Campy parts on it too. Just needed air in the tires. The guy who bought it didn't even know what it was. In hide sight, I could've made him a deal in the parking lot afterwards for $100 or something.
I would have killed to get that bike for $70(probably not a good idea to kill someone at a police auction ;) ) I paid a lot more for my LOOK 753 Hinault and by the time I finished restoring it....well let's just say I could have made the morgage payment for a couple of months........

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
ChristianB said:
I recently bought an old Look steel frame at an ebay auction in germany. Ill try to take some pics of it soon. Maybe you can help identify it? My guess is its from around the mid 80's.
Christian, LOOK only made one steel frame in the 80's and that was the LOOK-Hinault Reynolds 753. It was white with red, blue and yellow trim. LOOK also made some steel frames in the mid-90's. They were made out of Columbus. I used to own the KG243. It was yellow and red and was lugged. They made 2 other steel models in the mid-90's also.

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
My Look

Thanks for the eye candy yall...

·
Custom Title= ?
785 Posts

The 585:

Campy Record w/ Carbon cranks, Zero Gravity Ti calipers,

Selcof carbon post and Aliante Carbon Rail saddle,

Ritchey WCS stem and Deda 215 Shallow bar,

Speedplay X-1 pedals, Arundel cages,

Wheels: Hugi 240S hubs, DT RR1.1 hoops and Sapim CX-Ray spokes, 28F/32R,

The size XL/ 57.5 TT weighs in at just under 15.5 lbs as you see it.

·
glutton for punishment
684 Posts
DANG!
That is one sweet Look-ing ride. Very nice, understated build. Interesting to see the 'Evolusize' compact idea actually in action - I've never seen an XL before and it appears to have a virtually horizontal TT.
But hey - i bet it could 15.6 lbs. if you didn't run the long-stemmed tubes! :p

·
Custom Title= ?
785 Posts
Good Eye....

The top tube does indeed have a zero degree slope, as does the 486 XL (up-thread there somewhere).

When I installed new rubber, the long stem tubes were the closest at hand. Oddly enough, those valves add enough weight to balance the rim seam on the opposite side such that the wheels don't spin when hung freely.

I'll screw on a couple of valve extenders that will be so close to the hubs that I'll be able to quantitatively measure wheel deflection on the road. ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
LOOK 386i

Bought this bike in February 2004. I first rode it on the 20th of that month. As of today I have put 8,218 miles on it. The most notible ride was the Bike Tour of Colorado in June/July 2004. I climbed Trail Ridge Road (highest paved road in the lower 48) that peaked out at 12,183 feet (3,713 meters). It has truely been an awesome bike.

Dura Ace Triple, Terry Ti Fly Saddle, Ritchey WCS Stem, Easton EC90 bar, Velomax Orion II wheelset.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kg486

Bought a week ago, so no serious mileage yet (but very impressed with the few hours that I've ridden on it so far). I did post these pics in Complete Bikes, Frames & Forks but thought I may as well post here too so all the Looks are in 1 place...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's my brand new 585:

- Dura-Ace 10-speed components
- Fizik Aliante saddle w/ carbon rails
- Selcof carbon monocoque seatpost
- ITM Millenium stem (11 cm.)
- Kestrel EMS Pro/SL bars (42 cm.)
- Look Keo pedals (steel)
- Mavic Ksyrium SL wheels - "old" version
- Arundel bottle cages

Total weight currently is 15.8 lbs. I have some Rolf Elan Aero's on order, which should bring the weight down to the 15.1-15.2 neighborhood.

21 - 40 of 1296 Posts