Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1021 - 1040 of 1296 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
I'd be afraid to ride that bike Olivier. I got a chip in mine when it was about 6 months and it really ticked me off, but I'm over it now and I fixed it, where you could hardly notice it. Anyhow, it sure is a pretty bike and what people are saying about how smooth of a ride you get from it, you should really enjoy it. Have fun.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I heard a lot of things about the fact that the frame will be hard, tiring...and if the legs are not there, there will be a big problem.
Now after 4 monthes and coming from an older KG486...I'm very surprised about the bike. Since 2 monthes, I bike all my trip with 34x15...around 85 and 110rpm. But it is clear that if you are not in form, it is more difficult :)
Olivier

sorry for the english :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
I heard a lot of things about the fact that the frame will be hard, tiring...and if the legs are not there, there will be a big problem.
But it is clear that if you are not in form, it is more difficult :)
Olivier

sorry for the english :)
Hey Olivier you have such a nice ride very Jealous!!

" But it is clear that if you are not in form, it is more difficult :)"

which bike is easy to ride when not in form!!! if you have the answer let me know i will buy 3 lol

even my 585 is horrible ride when I am not in form lol.
but i still enjoy it lol even if it still hurts like hell to turn the legs over lol

Twiggy

·
Registered
53 Posts
One of the coolest bikes I've built.

What size is this?

Does anyone know if Look makes an adapter for a BB30 crank? The only thing holding me back from seriously considering one of these is my BB30 powermeter... well that and the fact that the XS size has a ridiculous amount of trail (70.7mm) that would result in steering response similar to a touring bike.

·
Registered
53 Posts
An update on my 585 deserved a pic.

Updates are:
Look Ergopost Ti seatpost (instead of fake FSA)
FSA OS99CSI 110mm stem as I finally got properly fitted
Fizik Antares carbon seat
Had to replace my general wheels after massive rim cracks in the Easton Circuits
Bit of research identified for a clydesdale like myself DT Swiss RR585 rims with 32 spoke hubs were highly recommended (DT Swiss 240 Hubs, DT Swiss comp triple laced spokes).

Happy coincidence that the wheels are 585's to match the frame :p

·
LOOK FREAK
1,044 Posts
nice hux! love these bikes!! anyone ever hear from breaker17? i PM-d him about that 585 frame to ask what size it was and how much he wants for it but never heard back..or have one of your look-fiends already taken it? :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im new to this forum. I have been looking around here for a while though and am currently shopping for a new bike. I was just curious how Look's bikes fit in relation to other brands' fits?

Thanks in advance
ps if im in the wrong thread could you point to the correct one?

1021 - 1040 of 1296 Posts