Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being an Artist and Designer, I'm really into the more radical looking bike frame designs. I own a Kestrel 500ems and just recently obtained a Zipp 2001. Pics or Links to any others would be appreciated :). Oh btw, I found this BT bike. Pretty cool.

Bat

·
Registered
652 Posts
A DeRosa and old Cervelo

First of all, the Cervelo Barrachi...a one off for an Italian rider. Here's the history: http://www.cervelo.com/history/classics.html

Then, the DeRosa Tango. When this bike was introduced for this model year (2005) I remember everyone hating on it; "It looks like it was left in a hot car," "GAWD that is one ugly bike," "I had a seizure just glancing at it." Well, I think it looks cool. Very unique and taking carbon tube shaping for bikes to the next level. In the year 3000 all bikes will look like this.

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,259 Posts
The BT isn't too terribly bad; the rest are hideous. Especially the Green Cervelo.

·
merckxman
2,116 Posts
Moser Bike

This may have been the bike he rode to the hour record in 1984 (but not 100% certain). In any case I think it's an excellent design.

·
Registered
21,428 Posts
Not Moser's record bike

This bike was created several years after Moser set the record. He used it for his second attempt (late '80s?) and it was supposed to be able to do miraculous things. IIRC, he quit after 10 km upon realizing that, miracle bike or not, he was not keeping the pace needed to notch up the distance.

·
Unlabeled
3,720 Posts
Relief

If you are nauseated from the absurd contortions of the elegant bicycle, here's relief From High Gear's link to theracingbicycle.com. A 1972 Colnago Super.

·
Ya, what ATP said...!
2,140 Posts
there was a pretty cool concept bike that was posted here during Interbike last year. I can't find the photos of it but will look some more. Anyone remember it? It was red carbon and got a ton of posts...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Moser's hour record bike

I believe this was his bike. I think he is warming up here, he even has some kind of measuring device on his wrist. Also these are not the wheels of the record attempt.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts