Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im in college and live in an apartment, so its not much to look at. just tools and parts all over the place. i plan on building a nice setup after i start working at a real job.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
Pics in a few days....

I have a 24x16 shop/storage building, a bit over half is devoted to bike shop. Never took any pics, I'll do it in the next few days.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Looks pretty sweet to me

Picshooter said:
Not awesome but it works for me.
I'm in a rental with a one-car garage stuffed full of off-season clothes, a freezer (yeah, not good for the rubber), seasonal decorations and other typical household stuff. I make do with an old PRS-3 set up across from my tool chests. Bikes are stored behind the PRS-3 on a two-sided oak rack. except for my commuter which usually just hangs in the PRS-3. My bench is either a 5' banquet table or a B&D Workmate depending on what I need to do. I look forward to a more permanent set up in the future. Of course I can always use the repair shop at work when I'm not scheduled. But I can get pressed into service during business hours there. Sorry, no pics but it ain't pretty anyway.

Bob

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Here is mine right after I set it up...it's a little messier now.

len

·
Batteries not required
1,035 Posts
Len J said:
Here is mine right after I set it up...it's a little messier now.

len
Very awesome, but there is a curious (to me) omission... where is the art? There are no posters? Not even a calendar?

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
BunnV said:
Very awesome, but there is a curious (to me) omission... where is the art? There are no posters? Not even a calendar?
It's up now.....like I said, this was right after initial setup.

Len

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
Awesome... but uh... you have a recumbent :p

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
estone2 said:
Awesome... but uh... you have a recumbent :p
She actually has 2.

Wife has a bad back............it's the only way she can ride......and she rides a lot.

Len

·
Administrator
13,009 Posts
Feel the burn of pure awesome.

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
Mine is setup on a 8x10 piece of carpet with a small stand.. 1 bedroom apartment work area.. gotta love it!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
de.abeja said:
zac- I love your wooden Euro-style stand!
Thanks, holds all the rides, fully adjustable. 1/2 hour of time and some old parts (some scrap ash, an old Campy front skewer, old leather toe strap, some screws and threaded inserts). Easily held in my bench vise.

Feel free to copy/modify, whatever

That pic's a couple years old, I have since modified it some. The front fork is now held in place a bit easier, I took off some end caps from a trashed front hub and used those to feed the skewer and hold the fork.

Also I have built a simple set of detachable legs (very short and stable) so I can easily take this stand on the road in my car and work on the bike.

·
Registered
348 Posts
why doesn't anyone use pegboard?

I have limited floor space and use the pegboard for all my tools. In fact, I am going to replace the masonite crap with fancy schmancy aluminum pegboard.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts