Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a TT bike for next spring and would like to do some window shopping. How about posting some pics of your TT bikes. Please comment on pros and cons and overall level of satisfaction with the rig. Also, comment on wheelsets if possible. Is if very difficult to find shops that specialize in these bikes. They can generally order/assemble but are not 100% in tune with the facts. I figure we have a good panel of experts here that can help.

Thanks!!

JJ

·
On your left!
1,299 Posts
OK, Maybe not what you want, but something to consider

I have had Kestrel's and Qroo's with the steep geometry and 650 wheels. But I just keep coming back to 700's and road geometry. In my area, there are plenty of hills, not mountains, but just good rollers. I always found the super steep geometry just didn't do as well as road geometry.

My two TT (tri) bikes are my Trek Airfoil and my Tsunami (chucksbikes.com). The Airfoil usually gets out only on special occasions, such as race day and race training day (usually Saturday when I am not racing and I use all of the aero goodies, see the Red Cape Sagas for full details).

The Tusnami turned out to be a surprise as I was intending to use it as a beater/rain bike, but it has turned out to be a great TT trainer.

Just something to think about before blowing all of your bucks on a specific TT bike. It's still the motor more than the bike that counts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Love the wheels 23mm for the tri spokes 24mm wide for the disc makes it very easy to change between training and race wheels on a bike otherwise known for not so easy to change wheels due to limited brake adjustments. Awesome bike, super complient (comfy) and very fast (if it fits you) the bikes are very aggressive, low base bar but if you can fit it youll love it.

·
Registered
7,635 Posts
Here is my Argon 18 E-118 ... it had a rough season this year with two crashes, one a slide out in a turn on a very wet/rainy day and the other because a junior racer turned in front of me just after crashing the finish line of a TT ... I'm still recovering from that one and the bike is heading to Ruckus Composite repair on Monday for some TLC.

The RENN disc will also be replaced this winter with a FLO Disc (assuming I can get my hands on one) due to it being cracked in the crash avoiding the Junior racer.

The saddle has also been changed out to a Specialized Sitero ... the best TT saddle I've ridden so far.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Specs......
2013 cannondale slice rs di2
Vision Metron 3 spoke and Vision Metron disc combo or double 3 spoke. Training wheels are vision T42 clinchers
Dura Ace base bar shifters linked via a jw41 Junction box. So all cables are hidden except control panel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts