Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
61 - 80 of 1351 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
My new favourite bike...

It's a vintage Norco Montery SL with 3X butted Ishwata EX tubing.

Gearing is very steep - something around 52:15 - so the hills can be tough, but I can make 40km/h pretty easy on the flats, so it's worth it.

Alright, it's actually only single speed right now, but my new IRO hubs are on the way. Bye bye brakes...

·
Wood Ape
116 Posts
What was, No longer is...

Gave up on me in the middle of my commute home yesterday afternoon. The split started at the tip of the lug.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Schwinn project bike

Here are some pictures of a project bike I just finished up, haven't even ridden it yet (except slow on the driveway).

First the specs:

1980something Schwinn LeTour frame and fork, Tru Tempor 4130
Krylon spray paint, primer, color, clear.
IRO high-flange hubs, Mavic MA3 rims, WheelSmith 14/15/14 spokes. 32 spoke
Cheap CODA cranks and pedals - 42t
UN72 BB
Stock seatpost
SRAM PC58 chain
DuraAce headset
DuraAce track cog and lockring - 16t
Shimano freewheel - 16t
Syntace bars
Shimano brake lever
Ultegra brake caliper

First an old pic, then the new ones:

·
Registered
5 Posts
First Fixed

Hi all,
Please see my first attempt at a fixed. Frame old steel Specialized MB, forks from LBS, & he converted the rear dropouts. All other parts borrowed, or acquired from mates, rear wheel Velcity Fixed hub (LBS), rim mavic 32 cps, one from richo, the other from another mate Southey who also supplied the mavic brake callipers, handle bars from the Dr...thanks guys. The rest was lying around the house.
I find the ride a great change from my LOOK road bike.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Old & New

First one is my new On-One il Pompino commuter I have started using. The second is an 80's deRosa (of unknown origin or identity) that goes too & from the shops. Ive even started riding the Pompino on Group rides (much to the disgust of the purists).

I'm tempted to go with Bull Horns on the Pompino - can't get used to the hoods of the Dia Comps but need them to pull the V-Brakes. Have a set of Xenon Ergos on order for the other since I'm used to Record Ergos on my (now unused) road bikes. Anyone want a C40, Merlin or LeMond ?

·
Wood Ape
116 Posts
The replacement...

gpsser said:
Gave up on me in the middle of my commute home yesterday afternoon. The split started at the tip of the lug.
Built 2 days ago, 42x16 gearing blood red urban assault vehicle. Moustache bars soon.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Newest incarnation

I loaded up pics of this one when it was still in it's blue and white 80's norco glory.

Now it features a 5-coat rattlecan matte black finish, black wrap, IRO hubs and Alex DA 55 rims, Panaracer Stradius Sport 700x23 tires

42X15 fixed, 42x16 free

The cheetah print leather saddle matches the tiger-stripe fun fur top tube pad.

As usual, mad props to the MasterLock CuffLink - best damn lock around.

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Pista, version 4

Made some changes to the Pista. Changed to 1/8" drive train after breaking the 3/32nd's 16 tooth cog to a beefier 47x18 combination, with same ratio; also went to beefy Izumi V chain (this could drive a motorcycle, it's so stout. Changed out dull looking (but light and functional) ITM Millenium stem for a Cinelli Grammo Ti I had lying around. New tires, too.

http://www.midcalracing.com/fixed/fixed.htm

·
Registered
86 Posts
My first fixed bike....

Here is my first fixed bike. Lotus Classique with Surly/Mavic OP rear wheel, chopped and flipped bars and a few other upgrades. Running 52/19 fixed or 52/20 free.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,465 Posts
I like it! Where'd you get the 19t cog??

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,465 Posts
Thanks. nm

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice Teesdale!!! I never see to many of his frames but he's a great builder. I really want to get a frame from him sometime, he's located about 30mi away from my hometown and just about 150mi away from were I'm currently living.

61 - 80 of 1351 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.