Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh... Back to the "real" world I suppose?

I know there was a thread a few months back about this, but I cant seem to remember any useful search phrase to find it.

So... who else gets it?

I am attempting to take it easy this weekend, to let my achillies heal from what looks like a mild case of tendinitis (thank you Dr. Internet), and am finding myself bored/agitated.

Weirdest thing happened last night, while helping some friends move (stupid), I found myself completely unprepared to start jumping back in and competing with other peoples personalities. I guess it was riding and being on vacation alone that kinda made it nice. Not having to deal with women, or people who have no idea how to move (pack your sh*t before I get there to load), was perfectly fantastic.

I would really like to ride to TJ's to pick up some French Toast making supplies (thanks Starliner), but I should probably drive to avoid damaging myself even further... Stupid cars...

Anyways, hope everyone is having a great weekend, at least. :thumbsup:

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Post ride and post Cooperfest blahs! Take it easy N, ease yourself back into real life.... :)

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Sky's blown out.

HTH.

Oh and, yeah, it sucks to be 'back' to the norm again. But, instead of despair, slowly ease back into things and look forward to yet another awesome breather in the near future so you'll have something to work towards.

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
T-shirt said:
You have no one to blame but yourself.
Yep... the only constant in my relationships with others is me. Thats what I am afraid of.

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
snapdragen said:
Post ride and post Cooperfest blahs! Take it easy N, ease yourself back into real life.... :)
No time to take it easy... :mad2:

Yesterday, unpacked, went through most of my pictures, cleaned my room a bit, did my laundry, and helped someone move...

Today, I am trying to finish the laundry, and tune up the Surly, the chain is mucky, and I need to asses how my homebrew chainlube performed. I did, after all, sleep in till 930, and make myself some blueberry multigrain pancakes, which were tasty.

I guess I am just trying to busy myself...

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
BentChainring said:
Yep... the only constant in my relationships with others is me. Thats what I am afraid of.
Nothing to be afraid of. I enjoyed seeing you again in SC and talking with you. If you have any thing of which to be afraid, it was not apparent to me. Feeling down after you have completed a monumental task is normal -- at least for me. Also, feeling restless and agitated after a big project is normal, too.

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Creakyknees said:
1. beets.
2. brewskies
3. boobies.

in that order.
High Quality 1 and 2 are easily obtained at low cost, while 3 has historically been virtually unobtainable.

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MarkS said:
Nothing to be afraid of. I enjoyed seeing you again in SC and talking with you. If you have any thing of which to be afraid, it was not apparent to me. Feeling down after you have completed a monumental task is normal -- at least for me. Also, feeling restless and agitated after a big project is normal, too.
Thanks, I feel more normal away from home I suppose. The completion of the goal was never in doubt, just the journey.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
BentChainring said:
High Quality 1 and 2 are easily obtained at low cost, while 3 has historically been virtually unobtainable.

they cost more than 1 and 2. let your body f'n rest already. you need to make yourself a couch potato for at least several hours today and tomorrow. watch the bulls game or something. yeah, i don't care if you live in CA.

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
I get it, from wilderness kayaking trips anyway - you're out in the wilderness for a week and then suddenly thrown back into reality. I've been getting it for a long time but thought I was the only one until last year when another guy brought it up. No problem coming back to the real world for a beer, cheeseburger and shower but then all the other stuff sets in. I would imagine cycle touring and backpacking would be about the same way. Yeah, it's kind of hard to deal with but totally worth doing those trips.

But H&B never fails, you know.

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow.... this is soo not getting better...

Solo Backpacking trip may be in order...

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
BentChainring said:
Wow.... this is soo not getting better...

Solo Backpacking trip may be in order...
Chances are it won't be any better when you're done with that trip than it is now. However, it could help you right now. Knowing you have another trip on the calendar coming up, and having to plan and train for it makes life good. You can even work on the trip every time you're at the grocery store, looking for food options. That's the stuff that gets me through the day with the post-trip blues.

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kykr13 said:
Chances are it won't be any better when you're done with that trip than it is now. However, it could help you right now. Knowing you have another trip on the calendar coming up, and having to plan and train for it makes life good. You can even work on the trip every time you're at the grocery store, looking for food options. That's the stuff that gets me through the day with the post-trip blues.
Im fully aware that it wont be any better next week... After last night, it will probably be worse, but If all I get is a weekend to escape from "everything", Im thinking I should take it...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.