Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Post ride endorphin high

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Oxtox 
#1 ·
Just curious what other's experience (if any) is with a post-riding endorphin high.

I've been experiencing this pretty regularly after the completion of riding and it's a bit of a surprise because it's different from what I experience with say running or swimming. With these latter two I can get that "in the zone/I can go one forever" feeling but only while in the middle of the respective exercise and it never last beyond that peak moment.

Cycling appears to be unique for me in that whether or not I had any kind of peak experience while riding I almost always get that post-riding sense of just feeling really damn good and very happy. Sort of like my body is smiling, Now I ain't complaining about this but I'm curious how common this is and if it's one of the strong appeals of riding.

#5 ·
For me time disappears when I'm riding outside. Unless I'm strapped for time the minutes tick by without notice. I love it. When I got home and walk/stumble into my apartment I usually feel like I'm on cloud nine from all the endorphins. LOVE IT!

As much as I love swimming I've never experienced it. I can't zone out in the pool like I do on the bike. I feel great after a hard swim but it's just not the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.