Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
521 - 540 of 1185 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Great looking bikes. Here's my contribution...

2011 Trek Top Fuel 9.9 SSL
Tires: Schwalbe Racing Ralph #54-559 (tubed setup)
Pedals: Shimano PD-M985
Weight: 22.08 lbs (using Park Tool DS-1 Digital Scale)

2012 Trek Madone 6.7 SSL
Wheels: Bontrager Aeolus 9.0 (Clincher)
Tires: Bontrager Race X Lite All Weather Hardcase (tubed setup)
Pedals: Shimano PD-M985
Computer: Bontrager Node 2 Digital Computer
Electronics: Bontrager DuoTrap Digital Speed/Cadence Sensor
Weight: 15.15 lbs (using Park Tool DS-1 Digital Scale)

·
Registered
12 Posts
A pair of Madone 5.2 2011

Hi guys

For my first post on the site, I present you both of our rides.

2011 meant a lot for me and my wife by switching from "fitness bikes" to road bikes. We owned a couple of Giant FCR's for 4 years and decided to go for road bikes this year. We really enjoy our choice !

So our rides are :

Mine:
2011 Trek Madone 5.2 H3, 58 cm, compact, Full Integra, Black, White and Platinum - Duotrap and node 1

Her's
2011 Trek Madone 5.2 H3, 47 cm, triple crank, Full Integra, Crystal Pearl White, Charcoal, Black and a lady's touch ! - Duotrap and node 1

Everything is stock, 2011 was the year for 2 carbon bikes and a brand new SUV !! So 2012 will be the upgrade year !!

Yep, they're both on Giant support !! :wink:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Added a thumbs up . . .

I present you both of our rides.
I like your style! :thumbsup:

The last time we ordered cars, we bought to identical sedans. With your nearly identical bicycles, you will probably as many appreciative comments as we do when people see them together. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts

I'm not sure of the year but only real mods are what I bought it used with: blue Selle san marco seat, blue bar tape, swapped out the quick release hubs, and new gatorskins. This is my first road bike that I picked up from LBS for $800. Little more then I wanted to spend but that's ok, I LOVE this bike! Previous owner kept his pedals and it weighs 19lbs with those clunky mountain bike type pedals.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have never seen a Madone lilke this. (seatpost size and type? tubes? fork? paintjob missing details? headtube internal cables?)
Many details does not look like comparing the original.

Compare it with this one.......(2011).

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is from the Trek authorised agent...

The leopard logo is missing as i was informed that it would involve a royalty to the pro team. Check with ur pro shop. This is the new paint scheme.

Crank and chain rings are from rotor, rest is Di2 stock

·
Registered
111 Posts
This is from the Trek authorised agent...

The leopard logo is missing as i was informed that it would involve a royalty to the pro team. Check with ur pro shop. This is the new paint scheme.

Crank and chain rings are from rotor, rest is Di2 stock
There is no Madone with headtube internal cables, it does not exist?
Edit: 2012 internal headtube routing, oké.:thumbsup:

521 - 540 of 1185 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.