Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 359 Posts

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kajukembo said:
here's mine
Oh yeah! I remember when you bought that one in the spring. How's it ride? Are you in the Portland area? I'm asking since I'd love to take a look (or a spin) at one of the races.

·
Registered
809 Posts
you can take a spin on it

Gripped said:
Oh yeah! I remember when you bought that one in the spring. How's it ride? Are you in the Portland area? I'm asking since I'd love to take a look (or a spin) at one of the races.
we've met a few times. I always make a point of saying Hi when I see you. I've only ridden it a few times up and down the street. I just built it up last week. I've been racing on the road alot here in the late season due to breaking my shoulder in the spring. I hope I have some left come cross time. In the past, I've come into the cross season pretty slow after taking a break from the road season only to get slower as the series wears on. This year, I hope to come into the season fairly fit only to get slower as the series wears on. I usually go to the Wednesday workouts at Alpenrose. You can ride it then.

as far as the ride, my initial impressions suggest that I'll like it. It has a really nice balance when carving turns. Also, it seems to turn a much tighter circle compared to other bikes I've ridden.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Now for my wife & daughter's bike (the only way she let me use her camera is if i posted their bikes too).

·
Registered
809 Posts
DPCX said:
Now for my wife & daughter's bike (the only way she let me use her camera is if i posted their bikes too).
How tall is your daughter. I'm looking to get a bike for my 13 year old and I'd like it to be 700c

·
Registered
635 Posts
kajukembo said:
How tall is your daughter. I'm looking to get a bike for my 13 year old and I'd like it to be 700c
She's 4' 10.5" with really long legs. That measurment was taken two days ago so she probably added another 16th of an inch by now. :) Her bike is the XS K2 which is actually bigger than my wife's Surly (that's a 43cm). She's pretty stretched out & mainly rides on the tops with the chicken levers but, she wanted a cross bike & who am i to say no. She'll be 12 in a few weeks & will probably out grow this by next year at the rate she's growing.

DP

·
sucka free
16 Posts
Budget cyclocross bike

Hey all,

Here's my sub 500 bike. It's based on a NYCBikes Uberurban frame (custom painted). Parts are a mix of stuff I had laying around, from the trash bin of the LBS (STI shifters!), and from e-bay. Pretty good for a 27lb (or so) bike. Cranks are truvativ, deraillerus are shimano 105, Ultegra shifters, shimano r540 wheelset.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Lemond Poprad

Here's mine. It will actually wind up being my pit bike. I am getting a custom Ti DeSalvo for my main ride. I dig the Lemond and how it rides. The Desalvo will be similar with a little longer TT and slightly higher BB. (I'm 6'4"). I'm really looking forward to hitting all the Portland races this year.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Waterford X-22

A pic of my current favourite bike :)

Just got it last weekend, and only been out for 2 rides (~15km offroad, and ~60km onroads). Love it.

·
lung lacking loser
270 Posts
stunning

Fisherman-
wow. I love the simplicity of a basic panel paintjob, and that bike is the posterchild for beauty in simplicity. simply stunning.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. I bought it largely because of the way it looks to be honest - simple, elegant, retro and steel. And if it is possible, it looks even better real than in pictures. :)

jeremyb, burnt orange is also my favourite colour. I bought this as NOS when the local dealer went belly-up and the stock went to the local government (don't ask how it works). I bought it from the government body. Not cheap, but still, a nice deal.

Yep, that is a painted Woundup. I wanted to change it (I am quite apprehensive about using carbon for a fork) out to a Waterford steel fork with stainless steel crown but the current fork looks too good for me to swap it out.

cheers all.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Beauty, mate

That is just too pretty for words. I think I would frame it as opposed to ride it :)

·
lung lacking loser
270 Posts
saviour machine said:
here's mine.
Great, well at least you'll be crushing us on a cross bike rather than the freaky frankenbike. Will the frankenbike become a pit bike or did it return to mtb mode?

Is Mike putting a series together this year? I know Noel moved, so I've been meaning to email him to offer a little help if he was going to tackle it again.

1 - 20 of 359 Posts