Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

41 - 60 of 1494 Posts

·
The Thread Killer....
144 Posts
I did my 1st 20 miler today on my road bike, tommarow will be a 12-15 miler with my son. I will take a few pix of the route and post em up :D But I must warn you ... its gonna be a flat run for Sunday:p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Taken today on our 42 mile ride.
Overlooking the Martinez Delta from old snake road, which is now closed to vehicular traffic.
The bridge in the center is the Benicia Bridge.
Savagemann, I remember that ride! I used to live in Hercules CA, and that was a regular ride. Now in Madison WI. Big difference, but still greta rides out here too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The first pic is on the Silverado Trail between Calistoga and St Helena. The second one is just outside of Calistoga. These pictures are a couple of years old. The upper Napa Valley is one of our favorite places to ride.
This thread is making me so nostalgic for my old Northern California rides. The Silverado trail is fantastic. Relatively flat and really, long! Great way to get a lot of miles in on one day.

·
Uber Clyde
292 Posts
Savagemann, I remember that ride! I used to live in Hercules CA, and that was a regular ride. Now in Madison WI. Big difference, but still greta rides out here too.
Cool!!!
Small world huh?
I live at the base of Mt. Diablo. Makes for some convenient hill training.
I try to do it once a week.
The tour of california is going up it on stage 3.
Needless to say, I already have the day off work and will be up there bright and early waiting for the peloton to come through!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
The weather was finally nice enough to get out for a nice long ride. Sun came out in the afternoon and went for a nice 41 mile ride... loved every mile of it!

Stone Arch Bridge and U of Minnesota Campus

41 - 60 of 1494 Posts