·
Registered
659 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, boys and girls, It's official...

I am now a De Rosa fan club member...'04 Merak, 48cm sloping, '04 Campagnolo Chorus 10. I'll have to get some decent photos. I took these in my basement as soon as I was finished building it. Oh, happy day! :D

·
l'illustre sconosciuto
321 Posts
Roberto Conti Merak

Here is a photo of the Merak. I have a letter of authentification from Cristiano De Rosa stating that it is indeed the exact bike ridden by Conti for his top 20 placement in the 2000 Tour de France. Cristiano had new handlebar tape applied, as well as new pedals (although he insisted that Conti used Look and not Time as advertised on the forks). I installed a shorter Newton stem (but still have the original.) All the rest is original except for the tires which were originally Michelin.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Rescued from storage!

I built a surfboard for a guy who had this bike in storage for approx. 15 years. It had been ridden a grand total of 75 miles. The components have recently been upgraded to a mixture of Record and Chorus. Open Pro Wheels w/ Record hubs. A sweet ride!

·
Registered
659 Posts
is it a carbon fork on that molteni primato?

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
nice pix at those passes

but why is your hair so perfect and no sweat? methinks you didn't ride said derosa to said locations. you look nowhere near knackered enough

·
Registered
659 Posts
atpjunkie said:
but why is your hair so perfect and no sweat? methinks you didn't ride said derosa to said locations. you look nowhere near knackered enough
The day with a red jersey I climbed Stelvio 2 times (from Bormio and Prato).
Other day with a club jersey I did Mortirolo (Grosio) and Gavia (Ponte di Legno).
There was a plenty of sweat...beleve me...it's just that it can't be seen on those photos. My jersey was all in salt. When climbing Mortirolo I even had my nose bleeding...smudged drops of blood mixed with a sweat can be seen on the jersey if you look closely.
Here are the photos that show it better. Black parts of the jersey on the first pic will give you the right impression of how much sweat there was :)

1st pic: http://tinyurl.com/bv67m
2nd pic: http://tinyurl.com/cyrjz

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
see that 2nd pic looks more what I'd expect

you look more shot. I must compliment you on your hair. I wish mine looked that good after doing such climbs. the Stelvio and Gavia pix you look fresh as a daisy.

·
Registered
659 Posts
My favorite King color :)

1 - 20 of 609 Posts