Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I started using mapmyride and works pretty good.

Is their accessories that allow you to measure cadence with any of these apps? Im not sure if I would say a phone and some apps can truelly replace a gps, particularly with the battery drain.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Using Garmin app here. Lot of great features to it. Auto loads to the Garmin website. I also have a Garmin Forerunner 405cx, yeah it's not the latest or greatest but it does the job.

·
Road & Trail Warrior
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mapmyride. You can add any data from your bike computer and it gives daily, weekly and/or monthly summaries. Strava seems good too, I'm just used to the other one.
Does Mapmyride require GPS? Because my tablet doesn't have GPS, which is why I can't use Strava either. : (

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bike calculator for fun. For any power input, grade, temperature, distance and position on the bike it estimates the speed at which you will complete the activity. If you have a power meter, gives you a good idea of what your speed should be.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I started using mapmyride and works pretty good.

Is their accessories that allow you to measure cadence with any of these apps? Im not sure if I would say a phone and some apps can truelly replace a gps, particularly with the battery drain.
Cyclemeter works with both ANT+ and Bluetooth 4.0 sensors (although the latter won't work on earlier iPhones). I'm using both the Wahoo Fitness Blue SC (speed/cadence) and Blue HR (heart rate) monitors with my iPhone 4s and Cyclemeter, but the app works with many other sensors as well. Incidentally, the Blue sensors I use are available at Apple Stores.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Strava for sure

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.