Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
121 - 140 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought this Zurich new in 2000. I raced it for a couple of years and now just do club rides, etc. I recently updated the headset and bars and added the new wheels. I've got other, more modern road bikes. This one still gets ridden the most.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
My '06 Sarthe, purchased locally on Craigslist w/crap-ass parts. As you can see, she's been "recommissioned". Just need an NOS compact Ultegra 6600SL crankset and she'll be all good. Hope y'all like! View attachment 288137 View attachment 288138 View attachment 288139 View attachment 288140
Love the black and yellow Sarthe! Wish I still had mine. I had mine all decked out with 10spd. Dura Ace but downtube shifters to keep it old-school!

Nicely done though!

-r

·
Registered
61 Posts
Black and Yellow looks great.
I still have my Orange/Creme version- just does not get used. Tese are great bikes!!!

Chris

Love the black and yellow Sarthe! Wish I still had mine. I had mine all decked out with 10spd. Dura Ace but downtube shifters to keep it old-school!

Nicely done though!

-r

·
Registered
267 Posts
Here is the 57cm '99 Zurich I picked up off CL over the last weekend, it came as shown with brand new 10 speed Ultegra w/ ultegra pedals and a wireless cateye. Really like the 1st 21 mile ride I put on it Sunday morning, I plan on finding a nice used set of 9 or 10 speed silver ultegra for it and put this new group on the Cervelo S2 I am building and changing out the red bar tape to black after I dirty it up a bit. Paint/decals on this one is very, very nice as are the condition of the original wheels.

Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

·
Registered
48 Posts
Here is the 57cm '99 Zurich I picked up off CL over the last weekend, it came as shown with brand new 10 speed Ultegra w/ ultegra pedals and a wireless cateye. Really like the 1st 21 mile ride I put on it Sunday morning, I plan on finding a nice used set of 9 or 10 speed silver ultegra for it and put this new group on the Cervelo S2 I am building and changing out the red bar tape to black after I dirty it up a bit. Paint/decals on this one is very, very nice as are the condition of the original wheels.

View attachment 288787
Very nice! By the looks of the saddle/handlebar positioning, it looks like it is a perfect fit for you. Congrats on the sweet bike!

-r

·
Registered
48 Posts
Here's my dream bike 06 Tete de Course... I'm sure you'll all appreciate it
View attachment 300556
I love those ti/carbon and steel/carbon Lemond frames...I've had both! My favorite setup, though, was the steel/carbon Zurich with Dura-Ace downtube shifters....kindofa blend between classic and modern. I wish I still had that frame :(

Nice looking 08 Zurich BTW!

-r

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks! They ride smooth and stable - not the lightest but lightness is NOT theeee defining characteristic of the quality or value of a bike. I hope to NEVER get rid of this one. The Zurich is a super bike... great ride... feels super fast and awesome climber. Greg had the more mature rider in mind and I completely agree with his philosophy and commitment to ride quality and stabiilty... Love that guy!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
the 853's are totally sweet, this older zurich in white is my favorite.

the one here I'm posting is my '01 zurich updated to 6700, stan's ztr alpha 400's. this is set up comfort over speed ------------ I've done a couple of centuries, very smooth and fast.

Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle fork

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a pair of 2001 Lemonds, a Tete-de-Course and a Zurich, both debadged, the titanium Tete-de-Course was stripped to bare ti by a previous owner, and the Zurich was powder coated.

They are both great rides!

I built the Tete last year, and the Zurich this year.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I guess since this was revived I can add in the rest of my Lemonds.

First I'll share the Trek era 2003 Tourmelet that's been upgraded to a Dura Ace/Ultegra mix but is also running Wickwerks chainrings in a 53/34 setup. I'm also running my old set of Williams System 30 wheels on this. Mismatched due to having to replace the rear rim.

Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle fork

Next will be the wonderful riding 1989 Ventoux. The first of my italian built Lemonds made by the Billato Brothers. This one is Cromor and setup for comfortable century rides. Sporting some nice wide and light Novemeber wheels now days.

Then there's my Maillot Jaune made with a wonderful TSX tubeset. This one is one of my faster rides and is currently sporting a 8 speed Campagnolo Chorus setup with Fulcrum Racing 3 wheels.

Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel rim Wheel

And finally the Gan bike. This is a 1994 GLX made from Excell GLX (Podium) steel and sporting a Campagnolo Racing T setup. I'm still sorting this one out as it matches others Lemonds I found online that have been identified as being part of a limited edition set of 100. Have not been able to confirm and it's not really all that important.

I do love me some Lemonds!

121 - 140 of 142 Posts