Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got this bike and really love it. Looking forward to seeing bikes from other Time owners. Let's see those beauties!

Frame 2008 Time VXRS Ulteam World Star
Fork Time World Star Ulteam Safe +
Brake Campagnolo Record-D Skeleton
BrakeShift Campagnolo Record QS Ergopower
Crank Campagnolo Record Ultra Torque
BottomBracket Campagnolo Ultra-Torque
FrontDerailleur Campagnolo Record QS
Cassette Campagnolo Record
RearDerailleur Campagnolo Record
Chain Campagnolo Record Ultra
HeadsetTime Ulteam Quickset
Stem Time Monolink Titan
Handlebar FSA K-Force
HandlebarTape Deda Elementi Soft Touch
Cable Campagnolo Stainless
Seatpost Time Ulteam Integrated
Saddle SLR XP MOST Carbon
Tire Continental Competition
Wheelset Fulcrum Racing Speed
Skewer Fulcrum QR
Pedals Time RXS Ulteam Ti

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,290 Posts
Time Edge Translink

Bought in '06. About 6700 miles. Yes, it's kind of dirty, but it seems to always wanna get that way. Gonna wake up early Xmas morn for a ride.

·
Banned
3,305 Posts
Dayum. T-Fen busting out the sick ride.

I'm still working on building my Ulteam up. No big rush here. Just shoveled half a foot of snow off my driveway this morning. More coming tomorrow.

Hoping to head down to southern Utah this weekend to get some miles in.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
great rides all.

question: how much spacers do you have there? it looks like 35-40mm, no? does your carbon steerer allow for that much spacer? I have an alloy steerer tube on my Time Edge First 2007 and I have 35mm of spacers and was a bit concerned that I am over the limit. Do I have a reason to worry?

G

·
Very nice bike T-Fen. Good work. :thumbsup:

I'm slowly rebuilding my Edge with a new Chorus groupo at the moment...I say slowly because I am content to ride my steel SS over the winter and so I'm in no hurry.

I'll post a pic or two in a few weeks.

Mapei - have you considered flipping up that stem? You seem to be running a fair few spacers on what is (I believe) a carbon steerer. By flipping you may save a 10mm or so??

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,290 Posts
Rydster

No. The Time Distributor in Santa Barbara set the bike up this way and it works great. He told me not to worry abou the stem height, and indeed, I have never felt a single micron of flex.

The reason why the amount of stem looks odd is because it seems you don't see many older folk riding Time bicycles. Folks like me are supposed to be attracted to lugged steel behemoths like Rivendell Rambouillets. I went down that road for a while. The Rambouillet made me feel like a veritable geriatric. The Time makes me feel young again. It makes me feel as if I'm in my forties!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My Ride-

Time VXR frame
Fork
Headset
Stem
Seat Post

Time carbon bottle cages

Time ULTEAM saddle with carbon rails

Full Dura Ace Groupo

Time RXS carbon/Ti pedals

Deda Electra carbon bars

Zipp 404 Tubular wheels

Zipp Ti quick releases

Conti sprinter tubular tires

Deda bar tape

Zipp carbon bar plugs

Cat Eye cordless computer

Weight- 15.2 pounds as you see it

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A tad under 15#...very light bike. Man, I do love these Time bikes.

How about your VXR Proteam?

·
Cpark
2,062 Posts
A tad over 15lbs with Fulcrum Racing Zero Clinchers. And yes, I do like the bike a lot.
I thought about getting the Ulteam but I travel with the bike and it would not fit in my bike case.
I'm thinking about getting a set of Lew Wheelset (around 900 grams).
That should drop the weight below 14lbs.
Now, I just need the legs to go with the bike....

·
Registered
8 Posts
The following are not my builds,just pics of Time bikes I have pulled off the web. My training partner just built a brand new World Star with Record,custom Zipp 404's with DT Swiss hubs,etc. I will post some pics soon.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Time VXS Translink

I've posted this before, but I'll accede to the request for another picture. This is the '07 model, which I got in December of '06. About 3600 miles. I'm probably older than Mapei; our stack heights seem about the same. Wonderful bike. Now my beautiful Lemond Ti bike is my rain bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2007 Edge Translink

This is my first road bike in about 24 years. My last was a KHS Turbo in the mid '80s (!); it couldn't handle my penchant for tricks and off-roading. After riding a string of excellent mountain bikes I didn't think I would ever want a road bike again. But these 'new' carbon fiber bikes are different (or at least some of them are), they have an intoxicating ride - light, responsive, smooth. Entering a local triathlon gave me an excuse to buy one.
Of all the popular offerings I tried, the Times and Cervelos had distinct personalities. The Time fit me better and had a more playful, frisky (sorry) feel. Plus it looks very refined. Surprisingly (to me) it has helped my mountain biking (I'm faster and more flexible especially climbing). Hopefully it will last for a few decades. BTW, if you like Times and are near Santa Barbara, be sure to visit the Time outlet store (not a plug).

·
Registered
3 Posts
My TIME stable

Here are a few pics of my TIME's. A few things have changed since I took the pics. Added ceramic bearings through out along with derailleur pulleys. Changed the TIME ASX cranks to Record UT on the ULTEAM and PROTEAM, and just installed the FSA Neo Pro TT crank on the RXR. Full specs and updated pics soon.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Hey grimontime, NICE collection!!!

hey do you have a preference between the Proteam and the Ulteam? I really like the white paint scheme of the Proteam and the WC paint scheme Ulteam. One slight problem is that I am in between sizes with Time. I need a 55 cm Virtual TT and as you know the small is at 54 and the medium at 56. But if I can get one or the other to fit, I would still have a hard time deciding between the two. I am leaning toward the Proteam because I am not a big fan of the ISP. So can you really tell the difference between the two?? thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes I do. I train on the Proteam. I like the ride and the white paint scheme stands out in a sea of carbon finish. But for events and hard rides the Ulteam is the way to go. Slightly lighter and just seems to have a better power output. Yes I can tell the difference. Riding the Ulteam then the ProTeam not much. But going from ProTeam to Ulteam it just feels different. Other friends have tested my theroy and agree. Both are small with 130 stems. I rode Orbeas before TIME and what I did was did an CAD drawing to scale and overlayed both my Orbeas and TIMES to see what stem size, ect I needed. This year I have been spending more time on the Ulteam and am leaning twards getting a WorldStar.

1 - 20 of 233 Posts