Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Canon Fodder
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Via Blackberry. Break in the action, a greenhead, two woodies and a teal so far. Slow opening day so far. Lots of woodies flying b ut not decoying to well. Hope this changes for the late afternoon flights. Just killing time right now. Topmorrow morning should bring some fast action in the first hour or two.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
hey.........you picking on ducks again?

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
WI B16 said:
I thought that would work. Just picked off another woodie.
Kind of like how eating a sandwich makes the fish come up?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
WI B16 said:
I thought that would work. Just picked off another woodie.
good lord man...this is just SO rife with code......

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
btw...I left specific instructions with MY wood ducks to head DUE SOUTH .....if they veer of course, please don't shoot them

·
Registered
415 Posts
A Bald Pate would be nice. BTW, my Season is doing very well up here in the NE. Woodies EVERYWHERE!!!

·
Non non normal
10,101 Posts
worthless without pics of ducks

bonus for pics of a dog retrieving duck

·
Canon Fodder
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finished off the day with a goose. Slowest opener in the past few years. Tomorrow should be better with the daylight start. Today opening time was 9:00 Am so a lot of ducks were already settled in for the day and not bothered.

·
i like whiskey
8,405 Posts
I like duck hunting but can't get geared up for another species to hunt. I've already got doves, pigs, deer and turkey. All my duck hunts are with guides maybe once or twice a year. The rest I can take care of myself.

Today was bow season opener for deer and I'm at home. It's killing me not being out there. But I'll be there next weekend. And I got a new fire pit so I sat on the deck breaking it in for the last few hours. I think it's gonna be a good purchase. I can see a lot of hours spent by that pit.

And WI, even though it was slow, sounds like you have a decent mixed bag today. Should provide some good eating. I'd LOVE a wood duck on the wall next to the greenhead with the triple tail curl.

·
Canon Fodder
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
innergel said:
I like duck hunting but can't get geared up for another species to hunt. I've already got doves, pigs, deer and turkey. All my duck hunts are with guides maybe once or twice a year. The rest I can take care of myself.

Today was bow season opener for deer and I'm at home. It's killing me not being out there. But I'll be there next weekend. And I got a new fire pit so I sat on the deck breaking it in for the last few hours. I think it's gonna be a good purchase. I can see a lot of hours spent by that pit.

And WI, even though it was slow, sounds like you have a decent mixed bag today. Should provide some good eating. I'd LOVE a wood duck on the wall next to the greenhead with the triple tail curl.
I hunt ducks and geese because I can do it out my backdoor on our property and I have a couple of friends who are avid waterfowlers who can call really good. They always come here for the first weekend. Other than that I mostly hunt upland game and primeraly grouse, which I hunt in N WI where we have a cabin.

I actually came home from the cabin to hunt the duck opener and then I will head back up to the cabin for the rest of the fall with maybe a couple trips elsewhere.

·
smell my finger
994 Posts
Being outdoors in the fall is DA BOMB! So much fun, color changes, animules and birds flying around, the smell of gunpowder in the am is great. Hope you can share it with a youngun to carry the torch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts