Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I type to post or reply on this forum, it is laggy & skips letters. I have to type a letter per second for it to display correctly. Is it just me or does this happen to anyone else?

·
gazing from the shadows
27,287 Posts
When I type to post or reply on this forum, it is laggy & skips letters. I have to type a letter per second for it to display correctly. Is it just me or does this happen to anyone else?
As a diagnostic, go into your settings, general settings, and under miscellaneous options set it to the basic editor option. If the problem is a slow connection, or slow computer on your end, that should speed things up. If the problem persists.....

What browser are you using?

I do see that, a tiny bit, on rare occasion. Firefox, but with all sorts of scripts disabled from other URLs that RBR loads on every page.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,956 Posts
I frequently get server errors out of RBR on Chrome desktop. I chalk it up to the ancient linux servers running this forum being unloved.

I means seriously.... They use Scientific Linux 2.2.something that was deprecated and ceased having ANY support over 10 years ago. Then they run deprecated vBulletin on top of it.​ Honestly, the IT people don't give a crap anymore.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
I have chronic spelling and typing issues, I blame my fingers. As for the lag....I blame my memory, I just forget what I am doing sometimes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts