Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to get into riding and went out to my LBS who had a new 2007 trek 1500 for $935. Is that a good price or should I try and see if they can do better? They told me the wheels were upgraded but I can't remember the name of them. Any help would be appreciated, also if I buy the bike it comes with a year of repairs/maintenance for free.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
232 Posts
Full 105 and upgraded from the not so great Bontrager Select wheels...all for under a grand with LBS support

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me...might want to grab on because if you get stuck with '09 product your going to pay ALOT more for a 105 equipped bike.

·
Adventure Seeker
5,123 Posts
Aye, prices are going up due to skyrocketing metals. Add transportation skyrocketing, and it's a double whammy. If you can find a new '07, then there won't be any increase - ask for a deal, since it is "old".
Many '08's are going up already, even though the '09 is coming out right around the corner.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Peanya said:
Aye, prices are going up due to skyrocketing metals. Add transportation skyrocketing, and it's a double whammy. If you can find a new '07, then there won't be any increase - ask for a deal, since it is "old".
Many '08's are going up already, even though the '09 is coming out right around the corner.
Stopped by LBS and they will be raising bike prices (manufacturer's decision) by an average of 15% in the next few weeks. So take above advice.

·
your text here
13,203 Posts
recognoized bike with 105 parts, upgraded wheels, and shop support for under a grand? if it fits and feels good, get it. the next year trek changed their geometry, so this is a final model year design that some people prefer.

see if you can get 15% off anything else you buy, like helmet and bibs, then pounce.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright thanks everyone, one last thing the pedals (i think they're called that) are like any regular bike, is that normal for a trek 1500? I wasn't sure if they changed them out thinking beginners like myself would get intimated and not want the bike.

·
Registered
232 Posts
A lot of bikes don't come with clipless pedals because customers often have personal preference. The Trek 1500 came with standard pedals so this is normal. Instead of haggling over the price of the bike...see if the shop will offer you a discount (10-15%) on a set of pedals and shoes.

Hurry before its gone!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.