Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found one of those too good to be true deals on an S-works E-5. The seller says he will ship me the bike, pay for shipping , and then I send the money. We exchange some info, and then he decides he wants me to Western Union some money. I smell a rat. I asked him to call me, and he did, but spoke with a thick accent. He had a very English/American name, and his accent made me wonder. He also blocked his phone number. I asked for some more pictures of the bike, and he said he didn't have a camera. He gave me his address, but would not provide a phone number after several requests. He told me twice that he had sent the bike, and he showed me a UPS label with my name on it, but I need to wire him money or he would cancel the deal. I offered to come to California to pick up the bike, but he said he worked long hours and could not meet me at the airport. When I finally said I wouldn't send him the money until I saw the bike, he called me a scammer. Go figure. I guess the moral is that I wasn't scammed thanks to the info you all provide. Good luck out there. I'm still looking. How do we stop guys like this?

·
Los Barriles, BCS, Mexico
1,459 Posts
jttiii said:
I found one of those too good to be true deals on an S-works E-5...<snip>................<snip> How do we stop guys like this?
You can't, they breed like bugs under a rock. You can ignore them, or you can kill them by exposing them here for what they are.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.