Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my latest lab results for LT and V2Max. I can't help but be curious about how I stack up against others. its probably a meaningless comparison, but I am still curious. is there any forum where numbers are compared? for what its worth:
weight = 187
BF % = 7.5
Age 38
LT Power = 310
V2Power = 400
V2Max = 58
LT HR = 160
V2Max HR = 183
LT as % of V2 Max = 86.5%

·
Impulse Athletic Coaching
5,758 Posts
310 watts at 187lbs gives 3.66w/kg. How was your LT test done and your LT power determined?

https://www.cyclingpeakssoftware.com/images/powerprofile_v4.gif (FT = 60min power)
https://cyclingforums.com/showthread.php?p=3843560#post3843560

I find the first link a slight under-representation if, in fact, the people in the 2nd link are not greatly inflating their scores. It could be that this forum just attracts some of the better riders, so the numbers are not representative of the general population (and the population in your area).

Cat3s typically range between 4.1-4.8w/kg, and top cat4's near 4.0w/kg. I was winning cat4 races with a threshold of 4w/kg and a (really) good sprint. I can win a cat3 race with 4.3w/kg and a good sprint, but I'm never in a successful break, even if I really try.

Then again, we're talking about superweek, which is known as being 1 category harder than normal around here.

·
Registered
681 Posts
We may be built somewhat similar and the same power output. i'm 183cm 83kg i don't know what my BF% is but i carry around more upper body muscle than your average cyclist (all those years playing basketball and lifting).

Age 27
FTP 315W
V2Power 410W

V2Power is probably wasn't based on a testing protocol as its my mean maximal power for up to 7 minutes. There is actually another thread which has a lot of replies regarding these sorts of stats;

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=119769

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
question re: FTP

I'm really just too lazy to schedule a specific FTP ride.

My Average power during a 30 min crit is about 310-315. Can I take 95% of that and assume it's equivalent to my 60min ftp?

I'm thinking my Polar unit reads a tad high ;)

·
Impulse Athletic Coaching
5,758 Posts
Fixed said:
5 second power and power/kg?
Last year, 1350w at 67kg.

Same weight this year, but my sprint is a lot better. It's increased by almost 2mph and sustained for much longer. I've yet to do a power test in the past 5 months, though, and I skipped 5s since it was only March.

The biggest thing that has changed isn't necessarily my 5s neuromuscular power so much as my AWC. My 1min power is up from 500w last year to 600w, and my 5min VO2max power is pushing 350w, meaning I can get to the line more fresh than before.

I'll let you know my new 5s after this weekend if you remind me.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
millerinva said:
I'm really just too lazy to schedule a specific FTP ride.

My Average power during a 30 min crit is about 310-315. Can I take 95% of that and assume it's equivalent to my 60min ftp?

I'm thinking my Polar unit reads a tad high ;)
Average power or normed power? If that's your average in a crit, your FTP should be quite a bit higher. Coasting and cornering and drafting generally pull an average in a crit down a lot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.