Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently have one screen with 10sec avg power, heart rate, cadence, and speed.

Another screen with 10sec avg power, heart rate, cadence, lap timer, and lap avg power (for intervals)

And another screen with various info I rarely look at like total ascent, total distance traveled, total elapsed time, etc.

Just trying to figure out if I could better organize my first page. I probably don't need both cadence and speed, I have a good feel for what cadence in what gear equals what speed and vice versa, at least in the gears I use most. Also, I keep going back and forth between 3sec and 10sec avg power.

·
Registered
456 Posts
On my 1st page I prefer 3 second avg power and grade on there as I ride in a hilly area.
I also have cadence, hr and speed on the 1st page

Ive got distance on my 1st screen as well

·
Registered
72 Posts
I use one screen, in order:
3s avg power (10s is a pretty long time)
Heart rate (to let me know how many matches I have left to burn)
Speed (mainly to maintain pacelines)
Distance & time (for pacing and fueling/hydration)

If I'm on a climbing rid in a hilly area, I'll use the elevation screen to know exactly how many matches to burn to get to the top

·
Registered
218 Posts
On my main page I have 3 and 30 sec averages (for pacing) along with speed, cadence and hr. My lap page also has 3 and 30 sec power, lap power to ensure I'm staying where I should, lap time. There's something else but those are the keys

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
I agree with others, 10s is a bit long.

Given our group has particular routes for particular days I add lap speed to my display. It basically goes:

Power
Speed
Heart Rate
Avg Lap Speed.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
My training/racing screen has time and 3s avg power in the bigger parts, then avg lap power, norm lap power, avg speed, and speed in the 4 smaller ones.

My screen I flip to for ride metrics has time, distance, speed, avg speed, power, avg power, np, tss, and temp.

10s is rather pointless for doing intervals.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
3 second average power, HR, Cadence, Speed, distance on the screen I look at the most. Another screen has TSS, IF, Avg Speed, Elapsed time. Another screen has things like temperature, grade, clock time, avg speed, current speed, power.

·
Registered
760 Posts
On an Edge 510

Screen 1 (used 99% of the time)
- Speed
- Avg Speed
- Distance
- Time of Day
- Grade
- Elapsed Time
- Pwr 3 sec
- Pwr Avg
- HR % Max
- HR Avg % Max

Screen 2 (sort of a summary screen)
- Calories
- Max Speed
- Cadence
- Sunset time
- Total Ascent
- Elevation
- Normalised Power
- Max Power
- HR bpm
- Temp

Screen 3 (for those rides where I dont care about anything else)
- Speed
- Elapsed Time
- Distance
- HR % max

Screen 4 (effort or segment page)
- Current Lap time
- Speed
- Cadence
- Lap Speed
- Pwr 3 sec
- Lap Pwr
- Lap HR % Max
- Lap distance

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
While I have many screens...my primary screen is

Speed
Cadence
3sec Power

I stopped looking at HR when I got the PM cause I know if I'm generating 450watts I'm gonna blow up very very quickly :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have 4 screens (Garmin 500), but my main power screen is:

3s Power (big display)
30s Power (keeps me honest and on target)
Cadence
Lap Power
Speed

I have another one for intervals, which includes lap time (of course). I didn't want to go more than 5 data fields on my primary power screen because that would make the big display box much smaller. I could probably get rid of speed on the main power screen, it's not really relevant. I also keep normalized power on another screen, but I usually just check that at the end of the ride.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have 4 screens (Garmin 500), but my main power screen is:

3s Power (big display)
30s Power (keeps me honest and on target)
Cadence
Lap Power
Speed

I have another one for intervals, which includes lap time (of course). I didn't want to go more than 5 data fields on my primary power screen because that would make the big display box much smaller. I could probably get rid of speed on the main power screen, it's not really relevant. I also keep normalized power on another screen, but I usually just check that at the end of the ride.
Yeah, I want power/HR/cadence as big numbers.

Since I made this thread I changed to 3sec power/HR/cadence (big) and speed/distance (small).

Next screen has various less important stuff like total ascent, total elapsed time, etc. then a separate page for intervals--3sec power, HR, cadence, lap time, and lap avg power.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts