Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many hours is the Powertap Pro+ CPU, hub and HRM supposed to be? Mine keeps dying at around 50 hours of use, which I think is rather low. Is there a special way of turning everything off outside of just letting it idle for a few minutes?

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
50 hours sounds way too short. I'd guess I have 200 hours on mine (though it is a different model), and still going strong. There is no off switch - all of them will power down when not in use for a few minutes. I think you can configure the power down time on the head unit. I use good quality batteries. Performance on off-brand batteries would likely be worse. Conceivably, use in the cold could dramatically shorten battery life. Which particular battery is failing first? I'd probably expect the head unit to go first.

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
Strange. I don't understand why they would all die within an hour of each other. Maybe the ANT+ versions have significantly worse battery life time than the previous generation. You could ask Saris - they have very good customer service. I bet that the cost of new batteries is pretty small compared to the initial investment though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.