Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife is putting together a slide show with over 500 slides and i would like to get it into powerpoint. The files are all named so they will be in order IF they are viewed consecutively in order (by name)

is there ANY way to load 500 slides into power point as a batch????

Thanks

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
service not available when I click on link

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
as individual slide I must add

·
Registered
169 Posts
When you say "slides" I'm assuming you're talking about JPEGs? Are they all in a single folder? What O/S and version of PPT are you using?

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
are you talking "slides" as in photography-type slides? if so, i dont think you can add them as a batch, making each .ppt slide its own photo.

if that is indeed what you are doing, why not just put all the images on a thumb drive, open the thumb drive using windows explorer, then select the view>slideshow option. all images will show in the order in which they are on the thumb drive, which should be by name.

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
weltyed said:
are you talking "slides" as in photography-type slides? if so, i dont think you can add them as a batch, making each .ppt slide its own photo.

if that is indeed what you are doing, why not just put all the images on a thumb drive, open the thumb drive using windows explorer, then select the view>slideshow option. all images will show in the order in which they are on the thumb drive, which should be by name.
Or something similar.... For real 'slideshows,' there are dozens of tools to do something similar. If you also want some text lead-ins, create those and save out to image files and sequence appropriately.

God help the audience if this is meant for anything other than a random piece of wall art. There's no topic worth 500 slides in a sitting. Not even if Roe shot them.

Well, maybe.

·
9,790 Posts
You can do a batch process slideshow with Photoshop in about 3 minutes, then put it on the web in another 3 minutes. Or keep it on your computer.

But, then again, I think Office products are evil. Especially PowerPoint.

·
9,790 Posts
JacoStillLives said:
ZOMG running a powerpoint with that many slides and pictures is going to bring your computer to a grinding halt
Yeah, that too.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
Powerpoint is evil. The best thing about being retired is that I never have to sit through a PP presentation.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JacoStillLives said:
ZOMG running a powerpoint with that many slides and pictures is going to bring your computer to a grinding halt
I had not thought of that...and actually I found a Microsoft office update that allows a slide show and adding as many files (slides) as you want at a time. HOWEVER...as Jaco warned ...it did indeed crash my wife's laptop....

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
there are screensavers and such that let you just select a directory and run a slide show.
what kind of files are they?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jpg's

Windows picture and fax viewer will work just fine.....

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
heh heh...he said batch.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
did I spell that right?

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
my wife is putting together a slide show with over 500 slides and i would like to get it into powerpoint. The files are all named so they will be in order IF they are viewed consecutively in order (by name)

is there ANY way to load 500 slides into power point as a batch????

Thanks
Dear Gawg T0G,

Who would be SO evil as to force an unsuspecting audience to sit through a PPT presentation with 500 slides?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
my wife

there I said it......

7 of the 30 or so people are her siblings, the rest are either spawn of, or disinterested third party (out-law-in-laws)

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
internet is not an option

1 - 20 of 25 Posts