Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean, wtf!

Putting the wheel cover on my powertap wheel tonight for a TT on Sunday. I have one of the models where you can just grab the cassette, give it a yank, and it comes off with the free hub. Put the cover on, then slipped the free hub and cassette back on, clamped it into the bike and....it won't coast. Take it out and it coasts. It's the "clamping pressure" that seems to make it "stick". Now...it was working fine the last time I rode it. Took the wheel cover off and it still won't freewheel when clamped into the frame. I've done this a bunch of times the same way...what the heck is going on?? What am I missing here?? I'm feeling....frustrated!

Thanks guys :)

Joe

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ah, now see, drinking and wrenching together is fun but sometimes you end up with a spacer in the garbage can. Problem solved! This spacer goes between the freehub body and the wheel bearing. We are good to go :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They're a bit rough like they were before I had my problem, the same now. It was a rubber seal that took the brunt of the pressure....and survived unscathed. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than smart LOL.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.