Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - new member here.

I'm a recent addition to the triathlon community, having completed my first and only race at Ironman Wisc. 2007. I realize this was a big first step - and probably a mistake - but I finished and am fully addicted.

That being said I am looking to purchase a powertap to get my training to the next level. I'm not all that familiar with bike mechanics and need to advice/help in purchase said powertap.

I'm a recent college grad (not a ton of funds) and did the research to realize that buying a powertap over SRAM is the right move. I can spend in the neighborhood of $800 and based on ebay/craigslist prices this seems to be adequate. My question surrounds the crank set. Some of the listings on ebay include it, some dont. I currently ride 10 speed DA, will I be able to just buy a PT built into a complete wheel, attach it on the read end and go? Or do I need to buy a crank set with it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If anyone happens to be selling one feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected].

Thanks for any and all advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts