Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2.4 powertap last April, and it's performed flawlessly up 'till now, even working perfectly through several severe drenchings.

A couple of weeks ago the icon on the computer started flashing and the hub stopped transmitting. No worries...I replaced the hub batteries and everything was good. For two rides. And they died again. So I replaced them once more and within a few rides they were toast.

Called cycleops and they're sending me a new battery holder for the hub. Hopefully that will clear it up, but I'm wondering if any other powertap users had experienced this? Anyone?

· Registered
429 Posts
I replaced the hub batteries last month for the first time after about 9 months of riding. I did not have any further battery problems. There is something wrong going on, make sure that to keep calling them if it doesn't get resolved. When I bought mine, there was a problem with downloading and I was on the phone continuously with them until it got fixed, which took a while. They are usually very responsive. If you get someone on the phone who isn't, hang up and call again until you get someone who is.

-ilan

· Registered
3,140 Posts
Couple things to try:

Leave the cover off for a day or so if there is any water in the system that will give it a chance to dry out.

I put dialetic grease on my battery terminals and as a seal on the cover - hub interface (and any where else water could get in. Not sure this is as much of a problem with the new designs so its possible your issue could be something other than water (which seemed to be the source of most of the old design problems for me)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.