Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to build a wheel using the powertap SL. I want it for traing but also for some crits as well. I would like something somewhat areo and would perfer aluminium rims and tubular. I am 210lbs so they must be strong. Rim ideas and spoke suggestions are needed. Thanks

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Velocity Pro Elite

mprevost said:
Velocity Deep V rims. Super strong. Not sure if they make tubular though. If so, it would be worth checking out.
The tubular version of the Velocity Deep V rim is called the Pro Elite. The Velocity USA web page lists them as being only available in 28, 32 and 36 holes, but there might be some older stock around in 24 holes.

·
tdiclub Member
417 Posts
weight on pro elites?

Mark McM said:
The tubular version of the Velocity Deep V rim is called the Pro Elite. The Velocity USA web page lists them as being only available in 28, 32 and 36 holes, but there might be some older stock around in 24 holes.
What's the weight on the pro elites, seems that velocity does'nt list.
I think the escapes are 390g
And the deep V clincher are 520g

BTW go with more spokes that are smaller guage, like DT rev 32F and 36R. They will give you a slightly lighter more responsive more durrable wheels compared to 2.0g @ 24 spokes

ie DA/ Deep V 2.0 DT 2.0 brass nips (24F/ 24R)= 1872g
DA/ Deep V DT rev DT 1.8 brass nips (32F/ 36R)= 1834g
* if you use alloy nipples the wheelset drops to sub 4 lbs/ 1789g.
* Drop another 260g if you use the escapes tubular rims= 1529g (lighter than Ksyrium)
* Built with american classic hubs, escape rims and DT rev spokes... sub 1400g.
(can be had for $500)

·
wheelbuilder
2,220 Posts
kannas said:
What's the weight on the pro elites, seems that velocity does'nt list.
I think the escapes are 390g
And the deep V clincher are 520g

BTW go with more spokes that are smaller guage, like DT rev 32F and 36R. They will give you a slightly lighter more responsive more durrable wheels compared to 2.0g @ 24 spokes

ie DA/ Deep V 2.0 DT 2.0 brass nips (24F/ 24R)= 1872g
DA/ Deep V DT rev DT 1.8 brass nips (32F/ 36R)= 1834g
* if you use alloy nipples the wheelset drops to sub 4 lbs/ 1789g.
* Drop another 260g if you use the escapes tubular rims= 1529g (lighter than Ksyrium)
* Built with american classic hubs, escape rims and DT rev spokes... sub 1400g.
(can be had for $500)
The rims aren't anywhere near 390g. The last set I weighed were about 530g each. The clinchers are a little heavier than that.

-Eric

·
tdiclub Member
417 Posts
ergott said:
The rims aren't anywhere near 390g. The last set I weighed were about 530g each. The clinchers are a little heavier than that.

-Eric
What rims are you speaking of? I was talking about the velocity escapes, deep V clincher and the tubular deep V version called the elites.

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.