Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
2 fat 4 cycling
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I bested my personal records for both distance AND climbing.

84.2 miles (7.9 miles more than previous PR)
5,655 ft (1,134 ft more than previous PR)

Plus it was a beautiful ride through the Santa Monica Mountains north of Malibu. I feel accomplished and very tired.

Just wanted to share. :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts

Plus it was a beautiful ride through the Santa Monica Mountains north of Malibu. I feel accomplished and very tired.

Are these your solo records? I've done 103 miles but 2/3 of it was with one other rider. My solo record is 80 miles. I don't have a device yet for determining altitude gains.

Good job!

·
Super Moderator
41,375 Posts
My longest day ever in the saddle was 135 miles.

My hardest day ever in the saddle was 42 miles. Both of these days were on the same bike tour (yeah, I was self-supported, with camping gear...and younger.)

I don't have a device to measure climbing, but I know from this experience that it's really difficult to talk about only one. Kudos to the OP, a hard ride is a hard ride.

·
Registered
908 Posts
That's great! Good for you. My longest day in the saddle was 205.7 miles with about 10,800 feet of climbing.

I have three long hard races I do each year that involve over 10k vertical ascent and about 200 miles. It's a crazy addiction.

·
Super Moderator
41,375 Posts
That's great! Good for you. My longest day in the saddle was 205.7 miles...
Dude, there's a kilometers/miles button on your cyclometer....:)

[Nah, srsly, you win; that's a long effin' ride.]

·
Banned
697 Posts
Reminds me of my ride to the Volcano House on the Big Island of Hawaii with the same distance but to 4,000 feet. I wish I could ride like you can, weather is just too cold here. California must have some of the most beautiful rides in the world.

·
Super Moderator
41,375 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Your poast said you rode 205.7 miles, and your link says the LOTOJA is 206 miles.

Did you have to take a DNF? :)
Never had a DNF on LOTOJA, fortunately. =)

That's my "A Race" every year. Another good double century race that I do every year is the Desperado Dual. It didn't have the pedigree LOTOJA does, so turn out is smaller. It's still a great race though.

·
Registered
717 Posts

Awesome job. You should feel accomplished because that's a kick azz job! I ride that area often and it's beautiful. If I wasn't huffing and puffing so much I would enjoy the scenery more :) GREAT JOB and keep it up. 👍

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Are these your solo records? I've done 103 miles but 2/3 of it was with one other rider. My solo record is 80 miles. I don't have a device yet for determining altitude gains.

Good job!
I just discovered ridewithgps.com so I went back and tracked that 103 mile ride. It had 7223 feet of climbing.

Yesterday I rode 72 miles solo with 3530 feet of climbing.

I've wanted to track my elevation gains for a long time but have been holding out on getting a GPS unit. Now using ridewithgps, I won't have to!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.