Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are some of your favorite pranks gone wrong?

in junior high there was a group of guys who sat at a table near us during lunch. for some reason they were always trying to get us in trouble. insatnces included framing me for starting a small food fight. i wasnt even at the tables when it happened, but they conned the teacher into believing it was me. i had last-in-line for lunch, assigned seating, and lunch cleanup for three weeks.

but the best was their prank gone wrong. one of the guys went into the bathroom with a bunch of ketchup packets. he was going to smear them all over the ceiling and blame us. who kows why? to do this, he stood on the toilet. but the ceiling was still too high. so he started jumping.
wait. its not what you think.
they were dismissing tables and we walked by the bathroom. all of a sudden a kid screams, a toilet seat comes flying out the door, and there is a flood of water. he jumped enough, and the toilet was old enough, that the seat tore off, the toilet cracked, and it pulled away from the wall. this ripped the toilet away from the water feed line.

he had to pay over $750 in damages.
but he never got last in line, assigned, seating, or lunch clean up.
there is no justice.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
I know this lady who teaches at a univestiy, and she told a bunch of people this crazy story about a co-ed who came looking for a recommendation, but had no basis for it? And, like, everybody was all "no way" ad "uncool"

And, then, like, at the end? The lady said ha-ha, it was a prank.

And everybody was mad.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Oh I have a few. The most benign one was the classic zipping up the live guy in the body bag and scaring the bejesus out of the health science students as they left the cadaver lab one night.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
Creakyknees said:
I know this lady who teaches at a univestiy, and she told a bunch of people this crazy story about a co-ed who came looking for a recommendation, but had no basis for it? And, like, everybody was all "no way" ad "uncool"

And everybody was mad.
OMG, I had the same thing happen to me. It was awesome. That "prank" is now the first thing I think of when someone says "letter of recommendation" or "paper towels."

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Creakyknees said:

And everybody was mad.
Bam!! :D :D

//Evil bastage. You that is.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
jupiterrn said:
Oh I have a few. The most benign one was the classic zipping up the live guy in the body bag and scaring the bejesus out of the health science students as they left the cadaver lab one night.
That doesn't classify as 'gone wrong' IMO. Awesome!

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
DrRoebuck said:
OMG, I had the same thing happen to me. It was awesome. That "prank" is now the first thing I think of when someone says "letter of recommendation" or "paper towels."
Paper towels? :idea:

//I knew this one guy who told me to wait at the lobby of my hotel for him to be there. I went down, waited, and instead, got a shoulder tap for 'attempting to solicit.' Bastard never showed up. :D :D :D

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,756 Posts
Creakyknees said:

And everybody was mad.
I love you.

·
Off the back
1,850 Posts
At one company, my buddy who headed IT had a dead computer he was going to toss. Prank instantly came to mind. I waited til my CFO boss headed down the hall to perform my fake trip and drop. Not before announcing to him that I was carrying our new file server upstairs. The computer bounced off the wall, leaving a nice ding, then bounced off his kneecap, leaving a nice bruise. My entire career flashed before my eyes.

He started cussing and looked like he was going to cry. Meanwhile, I tried to explain the whole thing was a big dumb joke gone bad. It took days to convince him. Probably about the time the bruise disappeared. He never laughed about it, but my bastid IT friend still brings it up.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
GirchyGirchy said:
I love you.
Right? I think Creaky pwned this thread before it got started ... and he didn't even have to call First!

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
In high school, my mom was a teacher, so I had to wait around for her to be done with her day to go home. So I wandered around school looking for ways to get into trouble, and usually found some.

One day I found a water tap that was loose. I figured, I'll loosen it up until it is just about ready to come off, then sometime in the near future it will pop off and there will be a huge shower of water. So I loosened it, but as I was leaving, I couldn't resist giving it one more little twist to make it even looser. Well, that was it. It blew.

I was like, S---!!!! I had to run to find the cover, and when I finally found it, I tried to put it back on, but it was probably 200 psi. No go, and I was getting soaked. Finally, I gave up and ran. I snuck around the the school the back way so no one would see me, but eventually I had to emerge to get to my mom's car. I did and thought I was clear, but apparently not.

I never got busted for it, but after that, whenever I ran into the maintenance guy, he said, "Hey, waterboy!" I still have no idea how anyone found out.

I'm glad I was the one to pop the tap. When that thing came off, it was a missile tha went some distance. Someone could have really been hurt.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
I once poured some paste over one of my classmate's pants while he was asleep. You guessed it, right at the zipper/crotch region of course.

I think he touched it and then woke up and got really mad. Nothing I can think of other than that right now.

As far as accidents go, I once used a roll of paper (school work) to smack my friend right in the butt, thinking it was someone else. Turns out, it was a girl instead. I had no idea how the heck I didn't realize the person beside me was wearing a skirt instead of pants.

Well, she didn't say anything thankfully. My buddy was laughing his butt off (in class) once he realized I didn't realize what I was doing.

·
vexatious enigma
4,696 Posts
One time in highschool me and a friend found out how to get into the catwalks of the schools theater. Of course when we found this out we went and grabbed another friend and went up there and had a blast. I still have some pictures of the event laying somewhere around the house. Later on that day I was talking with another friend and he just went estatic and wanted to go up there. I told him that we should find some flashlights so that we could explore the area up there (it was infact dark --- I know, surprise right?) He didnt have one on him so he jumped off campus and bought one. Then we went in there and messed around until all of a sudden the fire alarm went off. My friend just wanted to ride it out in the catwalks but I was thinking that we had possibly set the alarm (there are infrared sensors all over the building) and that it would be bad if someone were to come up and see us there. So we shimmied down the latter and went out the back door that faces a field that everyone in the school was lining up on. In a moment of brilliance we walk up to the administration and the school cop and say "Hey, whats going on? " "Oh the fire alarm went off somewhere close to the theater. Now go line up with your class on the field." At that point we had a good alibi and never heard anything about it. Okay so its not really a prank gone wrong but its a funny story.

Another time in Junior high a bunch of friends decided it would be cool to tip over a flower pot and pretty much destroy all the flowers. Of course I was seen and then pointed out as doing it. I was called up to the office the next day and called out for what I did and wanted me to pay a fine and do cleanup for 3 weeks or so. I said that I didn't do it and that I wasnt going to do what they wanted. They pressed it some more then called my parents. They said that my parents were going to be a while and that I would have to sit until they did; and that it would be easy to just confess to what I did, of course having not done anything I said "I didn't do it." I stuck to that for two hours until my Dad came in. That was two hours of me saying 'I didn't do it" and them at one point saying "Why don't you just confess anyways? It will get you out of here." My response was "Because I didn't do it." I sat it out for a long time like an E.L.F protestor and didn't come into school the next day. After that they dropped it and figured "well perhaps he didn't do it."

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
uzziefly said:
As far as accidents go, I once used a roll of paper (school work) to smack my friend right in the butt, thinking it was someone else. Turns out, it was a girl instead. I had no idea how the heck I didn't realize the person beside me was wearing a skirt instead of pants.

Well, she didn't say anything thankfully. My buddy was laughing his butt off (in class) once he realized I didn't realize what I was doing.
So you really "hit - it"... haha, newb

·
Wandering Fool
11 Posts
Not my prank, but happened to me....

there is no justice.[/QUOTE]

Whilst stationed in Nevada I had to attend a service school in Alabama. 6 weeks is a long time for my subordinates to be without adult supervision. When I returned on the first Monday morning I found my office door very difficult to open. Forcing it just a little ajar, I could see that they had inflated a weather balloon inside my office, filling the entire space.

So what is the best way to deflate a balloon? You guessed it---I turned my back, flipped open my pocket knife and stabbed blindly.

BANG!

The balloon popped, but I didn't have any reason to think that they dumped three containers of coffee creamer inside the balloon before inflation. The resulting dust set off the smoke detector and that automatically dispatched the fire department and security forces to my location.

Cleanup took three days, my visit to the base commander to explain was not fun, and I had to make a rule that any prank undertaken after that date required three stipulations:
No bodily harm could result, it shouldn't be fueled by alcohol, and the fire department and security police should not respond as a result.

Bill

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
waldo425 said:
...I said that I didn't do it and that I wasnt going to do what they wanted. They pressed it some more then called my parents. They said that my parents were going to be a while and that I would have to sit until they did; and that it would be easy to just confess to what I did, of course having not done anything I said "I didn't do it." I stuck to that for two hours until my Dad came in. That was two hours of me saying 'I didn't do it" and them at one point saying "Why don't you just confess anyways? It will get you out of here." My response was "Because I didn't do it." I sat it out for a long time like an E.L.F protestor and didn't come into school the next day. After that they dropped it and figured "well perhaps he didn't do it."
this is almost the same thing that happened to me with the lunchroom incident, but they never called my folks. they kept telling to confess and i wouldnt be punished as badd. "but i didnt do anything. im confessing that I DID NOTHING."
the only way the whole thing was resolved was after the three week punishment they said i had two more weeks because i never said i did it. i went home and told The Old Man about the whole thing.
the next day he took me to school and demanded to speak to the vice-principal, as she was the one who handed down the punishment. she wasnt there, but the principal was. and did The Old Man let him have it. after 35 minutes of The Old Man cursing, they called in the teacher who was enforcing the punishment. had to get someone to sub for his class and everything. man, did The Old Man let him have it, too.
"did you see my son do this?"
"well, he was at the table before it happened."
"but did you see him do it?"
"well, i saw him walking back to the table after putting his tray up at the cleaning station."
"so he wasnt at the table when it happened? and he didnt even have a tray of food that he could have used to throw anything? and you knew this? what the h3ll were you thinking?! gawd damnit! what the fu3k goes on around here?"
"well, someone had to be punished."
"but you knew it wasnt my son who did it and you punished him anyway? what the fu3k is that all about?"
"well, we needed to make an example out of..."
"...example? what the h3ll kind of example are you setting. geezus chriiiiist!"
it went on like that for another 35 minutes. then a secretary came in and told the prinicpal students were staging a walk-out based on their the 23 teachers in the district that were pink slipped.
"i really need to go..."
"oh, really? well maybe you deal with that once im done here."
The Old Man went off for another 5 minutes, demanding that i NEVER have a class with the guy who enforced the punishment and that if the vice principal ever accused me of doing anything again he wouldnt believe her.
the first 10 minutes were humorous.
the rest was frightening. i though The Old Man was gonna have a heart attack.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
weltyed said:
this is almost the same thing that happened to me with the lunchroom incident, but they never called my folks. they kept telling to confess and i wouldnt be punished as badd. "but i didnt do anything. im confessing that I DID NOTHING."
the only way the whole thing was resolved was after the three week punishment they said i had two more weeks because i never said i did it. i went home and told The Old Man about the whole thing.
the next day he took me to school and demanded to speak to the vice-principal, as she was the one who handed down the punishment. she wasnt there, but the principal was. and did The Old Man let him have it. after 35 minutes of The Old Man cursing, they called in the teacher who was enforcing the punishment. had to get someone to sub for his class and everything. man, did The Old Man let him have it, too.
"well, i saw him walking back to the table after putting his tray up at the cleaning station."
"so he wasnt at the table when it happened? and he didnt even have a tray of food that he could have used to throw anything? and you knew this? what the h3ll were you thinking?! gawd damnit! what the fu3k goes on around here?"
"but you knew it wasnt my son who did it and you punished him anyway? what the fu3k is that all about?"
it went on like that for another 35 minutes. then a secretary came in and told the prinicpal students were staging a walk-out based on their the 23 teachers in the district that were pink slipped.
"i really need to go..."
The Old Man went off for another 5 minutes, demanding that i NEVER have a class with the guy who enforced the punishment and that if the vice principal ever accused me of doing anything again he wouldnt believe her.
The Old Man sounds wise. Guess you should have told him 3 weeks earlier.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,756 Posts
uzziefly said:
I once poured some paste over one of my classmate's pants while he was asleep. You guessed it, right at the zipper/crotch region of course.

I think he touched it and then woke up and got really mad. Nothing I can think of other than that right now.
No, doofus, that's a prank gone right.

·
vexatious enigma
4,696 Posts
weltyed said:
"i really need to go..."
Your story reminded me of what happened to myself. Yours is so much better then mine though. I'm sure that when my Dad came in he gave them a good yelling at but I never heard any of it. I just stuck it out from the get go. I was a stubborn little bastard but I knew what I did. Plus it got me out of class. They didnt let me have anything to entertain me with but Ive always been good at entertaining myself and just spacing out. So as I did that it probably looked it I was sitting there waiting for them or my Dad. After that I got a lot of crap from the administration and had a lot more trouble from them but most of the time I won out. One time they lied to both me and my Dad and I just cussed, put up my hands and walked out. After a while I think that they just gave up and let me be, but that came after two and a half years.

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
Creakyknees said:

And everybody was mad.
Correction, it was a social experiment.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.