Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with a week of vacation from work and class, i was finally able to get in a real ride for the first time in ages...

so, i hopped on my beloved bicycle, and took to the countryside surrounding paris.

and, what did i stumble upon as i zipped by some random hotel in some random little town outside La Ville-Lumière? the Argos Shimano Team Bus, complete with a mechanic tuning up the time-trial machines for tomorrow's opening ITT for Paris-Nice!

it was a pretty cool random occurrence, as i really had no set route-- i was just riding for the pleasure to ride! as guilty as i felt asking, i still did take a few pictures (nothing too fancy, just some quick snaps with my smrtfown before i hit the road)... check them out!

View attachment 276481

View attachment 276479

View attachment 276480

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha, yeah, sorry, i didn't get a picture of the mechanic working on the TT bikes. i would have felt pretty guilty sticking a camera in his grill while he was trying to work!

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
haha, yeah, sorry, i didn't get a picture of the mechanic working on the TT bikes. i would have felt pretty guilty sticking a camera in his grill while he was trying to work!
at least they are more organized than some teams in last years Dauphine. They were still putting on bottom brackets the same day after first rider had started. the team results were as expected from the preparedness.
(As for distractions: considering the same mechanic is going to adjust a detailleur hanging out a car window in a few days I doubt he would have minded a picture much.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.