Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
"Cypress Gardens" Fl.
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, thought this may be of interest to you. Just recieved my new "Blackburn Delphi 3.0" computer the other day. Bought it on-line from www.bicyclebuys.com which are super great guys, not to mention the cheapest in the country for this particular computer.
I also got a "Pedros" large hatchback seatbag which is also about the cheapest in the country, (real nice) but thats another story.

At any rate, this computer replaces the crappy VDO "C4 DS" computer that kept "zeroing" out on me during my bike rides. It was my third "wireless" computer that failed me, and as a result I will never buy another wireless again. This "Blackburn" computer is "wired" with the wired cadence and so far it's pretty damn good. It looks great, and it's big, with large numbers on the screen in a four-line format. It has all the basic computer functions with programable odometer and everything, but it has one unique feature I think is pretty cool. Look at the blue box in the top right corner of the screen. That displays your cadence right along with the other information. If you dont want it there, you can omit it (where you have to scroll to it). This is not mentioned in their advertising, but it is in the manual. Both cadence and speed sensors are mounted on the chain stay, and it has thick wires for an extra measure of durability. The computer seems well constructed and the styled mount actually sets the computer a little forward on the bars. I kinda like that, myself! The 2.0 and the 3.0 (cadence) are both black. The 4.0, 5.0, and 6.0 computers are silver and they are wireless. The measurements of the computer head is 1 5/8" wide x 2 1/4" long.

Like I said, I have only put a few miles on it, but so far it seems great

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.