Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the press-fit bottom bracket on the Addict R4 (complete bike) is the same as theone in the Giant TCR? I've heard that Campy makes a bottom bracket that will work with the TCR - will it also work with the Addict?

Last question, is the Scott bottom bracket the BB30 or BB90 standard (or neither)?

Thanks,

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Doesn't the R4 come with a standard BB?

·
Registered
2 Posts
What year is the frame? I got a smokin deal on and 08 R4 and had the shop install Sram Red components which required a BB86 bottom bracket if I remember right. It was a Truvativ part they used. What components are you planning on running?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 2008 frame (White w/ Red) that came with Ultegra SL. I have no plans to make any immediate changes but long term, I was thinking about trying Sram Red at some point. Thanks for the tip, I'm relieved that the press-fit BB won't keep me shackled to Shimano - although I have no real complaints about Shimano, new is always fun.

Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes and No

rogger said:
Doesn't the R4 come with a standard BB?
Apparently the frameset comes with a standard threaded BB. The complete bike, on the other hand, comes with the press-fit BB. I'm not quite sure why they decided to make 2 different frames but as long as I'm free to go Sram or Campy, it's all good.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
I see that you have the '08 model, I assumed you had the '09 model with Rival and standard BB..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.