Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im still have saddle issues......

After a lot of adjustments on a SSM Aspide, Im now getting A LOT of perneal pressure, especially when in the drops.

Tilt the saddle down, bad..tilt the saddle up, worse.

The most-weird part of this is that when in the drops, it seems ALL my weight is transfered to my "taint" and my sit bones rise off the saddle completely. Rotating my hips forward basically has me rotating my hips OFF the saddle and all my weight ON to me perineal area.

This is all very NON-scientific, I know. But anyone have any advice, anyways?

Im going for a pro fit REALLY soon. All this fit/position has really got me down. I know theres a lot of science to this stuff, but it shouldnt be this hard to get at least SOMEWHAT comfortable on a bike.

· classiquesklassieker
3,113 Posts
Lots of other factors

Are you new to cycling? How much riding do you do?

What kind of shorts do you wear?

Have you tried other saddles?

Are you in fairly good shape?

When you go for your fitting session, ask the fitter if you can try different saddles, too. Some places have several handlebars/saddles/stems/seatposts that you can try.

· You're Not the Boss of Me
7,749 Posts
Warning... I'm female and I know the issues are different. But when you say you feel like your sit bones are outside the saddle and the entire saddle then presses against your perineum, it just causes me to wonder if you need a wider saddle. You may also want/need one with a pressure relieving channel of some sort.

· Registered
2,286 Posts
yup, fitting session will be good... fair bet that the height is off for starters. Once that is sorted, you can look at different shapes and such.... You'ld be surprised how much a single cm can turn a ride from pleasure into pain. You need to find that sweet spot in post height... fitting will def help...

Fwiw, the wrench science fitting guide was spot on for me after much experimentation. Might as well try that first !

sizing on the right:

www.wrenchscience.com

· Registered
15 Posts
i had the same problem when i first started (male here). i put a padded seat, put a pad on top of that, and also got properly fitted. not much of an issue there and i think the pain/annoyance dissapates the more i ride. now i put the original seat back. no paid, but it's just uncomfortable since i'm trying to find the saddle angle i had on the padded seat.

· Registered
165 Posts
The most-weird part of this is that when in the drops, it seems ALL my weight is transfered to my "taint" and my sit bones rise off the saddle completely. Rotating my hips forward basically has me rotating my hips OFF the saddle and all my weight ON to me perineal area.

your not supposed to rotate your hips foward. Your hips should be level to the ground. Lots of people make this mistake. Keep your hips level. Also you may have an anterior pelvic tilt(extremely common) check belt line in a mirror. if it tilts down to the front you got anterior pelvic tilt. 99% of time psoas is tight google for stretches for the hips/psoas and start doing them. If your hips are level to the ground then go to above advice and Keep them level to the ground.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.