1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
rebounder
572 Posts
we had that one at the shop. broke after 3 mos of shop use. first started getting sticky on the trigger button, then the seals went out. i was pretty disappointed really, since i had been championing a smarthead w/ gauge setup. i guess ill try the park inf-1 next but for home use the airbob may be ok.

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
we have these in the shop. been going strong for years. just need a new silca rubber after a season or 2 United Bicycle Supply Tire and Tube Tools also check out presta flator or make your own
That's a nice setup. We use the same but with a schrader chuck and the presta adapter chained to it. How do you deal with schrader vales?

·
Registered
590 Posts
You can make a Prestaflator setup for about $25 in parts. Pick up the main inflator gun from Harbor Freight for $10 and then you can cut off the clip on schrader chuck and install the screw-on schrader and then use the screw on presta head for about $15. I built one a month or two ago from an old HF inflator that I have had for probably 10 years. I think I'll build up a 2nd one and have one for presta and one for schrader instead of having to swap chucks all the time.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I built my own without a gauge. I just use the regulator / gauge on the compressor. I only found it to be useful for initial fill ups, or blowing tubes up to look for holes. For everyday topping off I still use my Silca.

·
Premium Member
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.