Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Figure 20% maximum discount ($140), otherwise the shop loses money on the deal...taking into account all other shop expenses associated with the bike. As it is, the 2006 is virtually identical to the 2008 1.2, except it has an upgraded Tiagra rear derailleur. I'd pay $600 and try and work a discount for parts, accessories, and clothing (think clipless pedals, shoes, helmet, pump, tubes, tools, shorts, gloves, etc.).

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is a private sale, not a shop bike. Kind of my point in doing craigslist is to save money. I don't need any deals on accessories at the moment, just a good deal on a bike. I could see paying 600 at a shop, I'm just trying to get a reasonable offer for a used private sale.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Opps, my bad

Kleh said:
This is a private sale, not a shop bike. Kind of my point in doing craigslist is to save money. I don't need any deals on accessories at the moment, just a good deal on a bike. I could see paying 600 at a shop, I'm just trying to get a reasonable offer for a used private sale.
Yes, from a private party used, $600 is asking way too much. About $400 would be max if its really in top notch condition...since there would be ZERO warranty on it.

:thumbsup:

·
Two scoops of inertia.
530 Posts
I didn't read. I saw the price and LBS and jumped. I couldn't digest that 600 could possibly be asked for by anything other than a store. No support, no deal. F*ck em. If I had to sell my 1000 today I could only stomach asking 350 tops.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I was leaning toward $350, just more or less looking for some support that I wouldn't be trying to undercut the guy. He has yet to even respond to me asking, nicely, why I should pay so much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.