Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buildup a steel fitness/light touring bike for wife. Have spoken to LBS about Smoothie ES. They've quoted me $1300-1500 for 105 groupo, upgraded wheelset, smaller feminine levers. Their quote on frameset/fork was $500 alone, which is marked up above online retailers I've found. Any thoughts/feedback on getting a better deal than this? I'm pretty much fixed on groupo and steel frame, fwiw. thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip Bwana. We're leaning toward the ES. The bike is for my wife who is 5'2" and has had an awful time finding bikes that fit well. LBS steered us toward the ES after discussing size/weight ratio and the desire to use the bike for training w/ some light touring/commuting thrown in, thus our like of the ES's braze-ons for racks. She has test road alum. and steel and still prefers steel, which boxes us in on choices, along w/ her size. We're not going to set any speed records, nor look to, but we want a solid, reliable bike w/ a respectable ride for long days on the road, and not break the bank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.