Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is the best time of year generally to buy? I noticed that competitive cyclist dropped the price of their 2009 framesets.

Ex:

Race Master formally $2399 now $1999. Road Racer formally $1650 now $1399.

I'm dead set on one of these bikes.......

I have never purchased a new bike from quality manufacturers/dealers before. As it comes close to the end of a year, is this when the biggest drop in price occurs (like cars)?

I don't want to wait until November or later because that means I would have missed out on an entire season of riding, especially here in the pacific NW...

I won't actually have enough money to buy any bike until mid-July :cryin: and that really sucks enough as it is :mad2:

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
poorasdirt said:
When is the best time of year generally to buy? I noticed that competitive cyclist dropped the price of their 2009 framesets.

Ex:

Race Master formally $2399 now $1999. Road Racer formally $1650 now $1399.

I'm dead set on one of these bikes.......

I have never purchased a new bike from quality manufacturers/dealers before. As it comes close to the end of a year, is this when the biggest drop in price occurs (like cars)?

I don't want to wait until November or later because that means I would have missed out on an entire season of riding, especially here in the pacific NW...

I won't actually have enough money to buy any bike until mid-July :cryin: and that really sucks enough as it is :mad2:
I believe, generally, most price drops occur after October.

But it appears CC drops are permanent on BMC. The Road Race looks to be the best deal they have. It irks me, becasue I have been building up a streetfire for some time and I could have built up a Road Race off their site for not too much more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts