Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into buying either an fp3 or a colnago clx-2. There are advantages to each. With the Colnago, there are a couple of overseas sellers that will sell the bikes substantially cheaper than they are sold in the US. Is there such a thing for Pinarello? It seems that all the US retailers I have found are very close in their pricing.

·
For the Horde!
70 Posts
I think sales on the clx 2.0 are pretty comparable now. I've been looking around and prices are between $100-$200 USD depending on what sales are going on.

unless you can show me a site with a frame selling for $1500 USD ... I would say it's pretty hard to find anything less than the 2000 - 2200 I find.

If you do know of a site selling that low.. please let me know.

·
Registered
216 Posts
When I was shopping around, I came across a blog from Taiwan selling high-end bikes. They claim to be able to get 30% or so off US MSRP for Pinarello. I think they get better discounts off sale of full bikes (as opposed to frames). It may be higher / lower for other brands. Here is the link:

http://asteriskcycles.wordpress.com/

You may be able to get some sweet deals at your local dealers as well. I recently shopped around for a FP3 Ultegra bike for my wife as well as a Dogma frame for myself. I found most dealers were able to take 15-20% off MSRP on bikes they order from Gita. They may be able to do better on bikes that they already have in the showroom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts