Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...getting this text message from your 15 year old nephew/godson, "I just saw the nicest single speed cruiser with a brooks racing saddle".

·
Eddy 53:11
3,165 Posts
Now you know what to get him for a gift . . . .

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea...lol. He's been eyeing my Mercian but it ain't happening. We found him a really nice single speed MTB last year. At first he was unsure but now he loves it and realizes he was ahead of the fashion curve (at least at the high school level).
I told him he buys/builds the next one.

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
Pride is...

...silently squeaking out a nasty fart in a group of all men. And watching them eye each other trying to figure out who it was. Ahh, feminine virtues.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice Cat!
I'll try il Sogno but he's begun crew season and I don't see him much.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OldEndicottHiway said:
How come I have two nieces and six nephews and not one of them got bit by the bike bug? Not one! I'm the only one in our family.

I'm lonely.
My sister has been sending him to spend random weekends with me since he was 6 or so. I sort of snuck it up on him. Started taking him to swap meets, find bikes for him at yard sales and dumpsters. He helped me build a bike for him when he was 10. We rode the C&O together and took lots of smaller rides too.

Also bike riding has always been fostered by my parents, they started us riding young and we took family bike rides and used them for transportation too.

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
How come I have two nieces and six nephews and not one of them got bit by the bike bug? Not one! I'm the only one in our family.

I'm lonely.
Seriously. We keep trying to infect the niece and nephew, buying them sweet kiddo bikes and going so far as to give the nephew's like-a-bike a custom black and red paint job.

Except, we're not there to teach them how to ride. Meanwhile, the parents are awesome, but total worry-warts about injuries. It seems to be carrying over to the kids.

Last we heard, the 3 year old nephew was "too afraid" to ride his like-a-bike.

It doesn't even have pedals.

:(

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
catzilla said:
Seriously. We keep trying to infect the niece and nephew, buying them sweet kiddo bikes and going so far as to give the nephew's like-a-bike a custom black and red paint job.

Except, we're not there to teach them how to ride. Meanwhile, the parents are awesome, but total worry-warts about injuries. It seems to be carrying over to the kids.

Last we heard, the 3 year old nephew was "too afraid" to ride his like-a-bike.

It doesn't even have pedals.

:(
Sheesh; total bummer, worry warts = deprived

1 - 14 of 14 Posts