Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Prince was very talented but maybe a bit nuts. Couldn't we make a trade for Justin Bieber instead?
At least justin can sing............

Prince dies and yet no Kardashians have died. They truly have no talent or celebrity use in this world.

Are we in Hell?

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All we can do is brace ourselves for this and more.

But Prince was young. Probably worked himself to death.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Jesus, what a sad and major loss. He was a brilliant musician in every respect. Why can't we trade/lose Bieber, the Kardashians and other trash?

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
At least justin can sing............

Prince dies and yet no Kardashians have died. They truly have no talent or celebrity use in this world.

Are we in Hell?
I dont think you know what you are suggesting. If one of the Kardashian's died there would be catastrophic results. Reality TV would be devastated, People magazine would go bankrupt, Twitter would be rendered impotent. Worst of all, where would stupid people get their opinions from?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I had no idea how prolific he was. I've never heard ANY of his newer stuff on the radio - which probably means that it's awesome.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I dont think you know what you are suggesting. If one of the Kardashian's died there would be catastrophic results. Reality TV would be devastated1, People magazine would go bankrupt2, Twitter would be rendered impotent3. Worst of all, where would stupid people get their opinions from4?
I see your point.

1. TV would have to be creative once again and could be interesting.
  2. People has been around and could write about cat videos
  3. Trump could keep Twitter going fine.
  4. The Huffington Post could fill opinion void. Or, people could think and come up with their own opinion based on what they think. OMG!!

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ah, guess HIV has become so manageable, you don't hear about it much anymore?

Maybe the cancer was a result of the HIV?

Seems odd that he was in the hospital for "flu," deemed healthy enough to leave, and then a sudden death?

Guess we'll find out more soon enough.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Word online is HIV+ or the big C. He was always very private, so who knows?
There was a picture of him on a bicycle after being released from the hospital. It is a little blurry, but he doesn't look like someone with terminal cancer or HIV. My bet is some kind of senseless/accidental overdose of sleeping pills or pain medication. I think half the people in this country are on that crap.

I saw him perform in a bar in Minneapolis in the early 1980's before he was famous at a national level. Came out on stage wearing skimpy underwear and nothing else. It was a good show if not a little strange. There was another Minneapolis band in the late 1980's -- The Suburbs -- that was really good. They moved to LA to make it big and disappeared.

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
With these iconic legends passing rather all too frequently I appreciate the fact that their passing stirs emotions in me. We are the fortunate ones privileged to have experienced these greats in real time. Thank you Prince, your originality and artistry gave me hours of pleasure. God speed, RIP. Off to listen to Purple Rain on my morning run.

·
Darling of The Lounge
4,799 Posts
Very sad news.

Watching Prince play the solo of While My Guitar Gently Wheeps George Harrison's RRHOF induction was incredible.

·
Registered
11,089 Posts
this has been a really tough year for musicians...

lot of great talents passing.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.