Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Prince 2008 White Team Color. Was told it was a 2008 frame and got an excellent deal on it as a close out. Once I received it noticed that it had a replaceable bottom bracket. All reviews say that the 2008 did not have the replaceable bottom bracket but it was new for the 2009 models. What is perplexing is the fact that the team color is not offered in 2009 but yet I have the team color and a replaceable bottom bracket. Did they start adding the replaceable BB in late 2008?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Are you sure it's the bottom bracket? Or the Rear Derailleur hanger? I have an 08' and it already had replaceable rear derailleur hanger. I think the early models did not have replaceable der hanger but the late 08's have.

Francis

·
Registered
126 Posts
Like Hobie1, I assume you mean rear der hanger and not bottom bracket.

I got my new frame in the 08 team color a few days ago and it has a replaceable der hanger. I think Hobie1 was correct in that the last run of 08 models had this change. I expected the non-replaceable since it was an 08 color and was pleasantly surprised. Any performance gain from what has to be just a few grams and the stiffness for shifting wouldn't be worth it if the frame was toast because of a broken rear der from a crash - unlikely, but good peace of mind.

Sounds like you got a good deal like I did since it's an 08 color. I jumped at it because I personally like the 08 team color better than the change in paint/decal scheme in 09 - the discount didn't hurt either. Picking up the built bike today, but it's snowing, so I will just have to stare at it for now.

Hope you will enjoy the bike!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the responses. Yes I did mean the rear derailleur hanger. That is what I get for posting late at night and trying to do two things at once. I think I did get the one of the last run 08's and was thrilled to get it with the replaceable hanger. That was one of my main concerns with the 08's.

Picked up mine last week and it has snowed or rained almost everyday since and it is pure torture to sit and stare at it sitting in the garage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts