Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the PRO Vibe 7S bar? I’m currently using the Ritchey WCS Curve which I’m very happy with, but was thinking of trying the PRO bar.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,563 Posts
Deep drop. The 31.8mm center section covers pretty much the whole top of the bar which is unique. I used them for a while but the drop is too deep for my road position. Used them on the track bike for quite a while. They're different for sure.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Has anyone tried the PRO Vibe 7S bar? I’m currently using the Ritchey WCS Curve which I’m very happy with, but was thinking of trying the PRO bar.
Don't take this the wrong way, but if you are very happy with what you have, why are you considering changing? Most of us strive for components and clothing and shoes that work well for us. Once you've got it, why risk it?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the pro vibe7s. I like them a LOT. They're very stiff on the hoods, and in the drops the hand position to the brakes feels really really good- the curve is open enough that i don't feel like it's squeezing my hand, but i can position my hand in multiple spots along the curve unlike an ergo design. If anything i wish the reach to the hoods was a bit longer- combined with the deep drop it makes the upright position really upright and i never use the flats. These are my favorite bars i've owned.

My dad owns some pro vibe sprints. I don't like them as much; the flat spot in the curve feels strange. They feel exactly the same stiffness to me- very.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you are very happy with what you have, why are you considering changing? Most of us strive for components and clothing and shoes that work well for us. Once you've got it, why risk it?
Totally.

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
There's a reason a bike fitter's room has all kinds of different handlebars in it. Handlebars are a fit item, a personal thing. There's many shapes, sizes, layouts, a wide variety just like saddles. Find what works for you and stick to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts